Premiership 2017/18

Rhumsaa

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, notwell said:

You need to move out of the 80's and adjust your expectations.   

Given Liverpool actually only ever won things parking the bus in those days I thought you'd appreciate it?

I think you need to get a better source of “facts” Notty. Liverpool attacked teams for the full 90 minutes, often scoring in the dying moments of a match...

To be fair our 80's style wasn't out and out attack like Klopp plays it. It was keep possession pass it around between defence and midfield then build attacks slowly, until the defensive structure of the opponents cracked. 

Not so much parking the bus as keeping the ball on our bus and waiting for the other bus to move. 

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

I think you need to get a better source of “facts” Notty. Liverpool attacked teams for the full 90 minutes, often scoring in the dying moments of a match...

From a free kick "won" by notorious serial diver Speedo Gerrerd...

The reality is that Mourinho came for a point, and Klopp went out to win.  So Mourinho will be happier with the point, because it is precisely in line with his plan, and Klopp will by the same principle be disappointed with one.

They were there for the taking though, if only our boys had their shooting boots on.  By Christ, the gulf between Man U and City is gigantic

It is, really.  It's colossal.  Obviously I was at the game today so I saw how timid Manchester United are when faced with any sort of threat, even with a defence as porous as ours.  I'm quite certain that Manchester United won't be winning the league.

You'll see City on Match of the Day, the same way you'll watch "your" team.  And you'll see the gulf

I'm United (you'd never guess) and there have been big improvements this year. There needed to be and Mourinho is a proven winner with a plan. With an injury free squad to choose from, they can beat anyone on their day.

However, I don't think it's realistic to deny that City are in a league of their own at the moment and they are a joy to watch sweeping forward. I believe DeBruyne is one of the three best players in the world.

Archived