Premier Inn

Dave Hedgehog

But why would they when there is so much parking so close by?  It seems like a pointless exercise.

"Dandara have sea facing plots in their land bank but they prefer to build a Premier Inn in a Douglas back street? " - it's got very little to do with Dandara.  Ultimately they are not the customer.   It's Premier Inn that drive things.   If they wanted to be on a seafront plot then you can be fairly sure they could or would be if it made sense for them to be.

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest MrFunk

Why the fuck would anybody knock this?  The island needs more beds and Premier Inn has reasonable standards at a cheap price which is a polar opposite to just about every hotel in Douglas, I can't think of a single hotel over here that gives you genuine value for money?  Besides, I doubt any of us are going to be staying there so why are you getting so wound up about the views or lack off?  I'm pretty sure than none of the people in Manchester, Southampton, Newcastle, Liverpool etc etc have given the slightest shit about the views from the Premier Inns I've stayed in but yet I'll carry on using them cos they are cheap and clean.

At the very worst a piece of concrete wasteland gets turned in to a nice clean looking modern building.

1 minute ago, doc.fixit said:

.....might there be a problem with flooding?..........

1 minute ago, doc.fixit said:

Just now, doc.fixit said:

There is in this thread. 

17 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Considering the land they own at Cooil you'd have thought it might be a better idea. Most big businesses have relocated out of Douglas now and it's a good location between the airport and Douglas. I have to say it's an odd location in Market St and not sure I'd stay there when you could maybe stay at the Mannin and have open views down onto the prom. It will be about yield though. The can probably get a few more £10m office builds on remaining plots at Braddan, and probably don't want to use any of their good sea facing plots in Douglas as they'll be able to maximize them at some stage for housing. So they opt for a hotel on a crappy back street in the shadow of a multi story carpark instead. As non-believer says above it will probably in time bankrupt a few more promenade hotels and will allow DD to buy more premium assets on the cheap. They've destroyed most the Douglas seafront over the years so this is just another play that they will profit from.

I did think that but presumably new Mount Murray will hoover up Business Park business. Wonder why Dandara didn't buy the MM at much lower cost than this development

4 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Does it get flooded at the moment?

Not that I've noticed. However, if the DoI have anything to do with the roads near there it soon will flood. It's a skill they have :rolleyes:

Archived