Premier Inn

Dave Hedgehog

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chester Street, The Bottleneck, M&S and Shaw's Brow are all within a 2 min walk.

Parking doesn't even come in to the equation. There is oodles of it but Manx people prefer to do laps around Finch Road, Victoria Street & Loch Promenade trying to scab a free space wasting a fivers worth of fuel & working themselves into a tantrum.

3 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Looks like we might be getting one

http://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/premier-inn-plans-unveiled-for-douglas/

Probably a few unhappy faces down at the Sefton right now.

They can be a con! They advertise these economy bargain basement prices but often when you try to book they are well up in the price range...From £39 a night you never see. The reality is more like £80..and up. As ever it is about the small print and a price that says (At participating hotels or some such)...That is what it is like down on my manor where they took over an office block and in Norfolk when I tried to book in Norwich opposite the station.

18 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

They can be a con! They advertise these economy bargain basement prices but often when you try to book they are well up in the price range...From £39 a night you never see. The reality is more like £80..and up. As ever it is about the small print and a price that says (At participating hotels or some such)...That is what it is like down on my manor where they took over an office block and in Norfolk when I tried to book in Norwich opposite the station.

Not my experience at all. City Centre Premier Inn's at weekends are relatively costly but overall they offer excellent service, clean facilities, comfy beds & good value for money.

31 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Not my experience at all and I use them regularly. If you book in advance the savings are there.

3 hours ago, JoeyDeaconsCat said:

We need a good Premier Inn. But with views out over the back of Market St and M & S? 

Maybe the Sefton has promised it won't object only if there's no chance of it having a sea view to compete with any of its sites? 

Who EVER books a Premier Inn for a view?

You stay in a Premier in generally for short stays to be in a functional location at a reasonable price.  Whilst they are ok inside they are not really designed to spent large amounts of time in.  It's an economy brand like Holiday Inn Express, Ibis, Travel Lodge etc.    Just a place to put your head, maybe grab a pint and meal.

48 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

..............never had a problem, we are in fact using one in the Midlands, UK, for next week. You know what you are getting, warm, clean, up to date, friendly staff, and the one we are staying at has plenty of free parking............in fact, last year they let us leave the car there for two days in the middle of our stay while we did a quick coach trip to the smoke..............

3 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

Here's my prediction, it'll never happen. Dandara will get approval, sit on it and moan that the construction industry needs help.

I know the man employed by Dandara who's already been briefed on it as his next job :)

42 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

..............never had a problem, we are in fact using one in the Midlands, UK, for next week. You know what you are getting, warm, clean, up to date, friendly staff, and the one we are staying at has plenty of free parking............in fact, last year they let us leave the car there for two days in the middle of our stay while we did a quick coach trip to the smoke..............

How much though? I answered ads in Norfolk for £39 a night and got quoted £80...Several times..That is what I mean. I am not referring to standards.

3 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

Another kick in the teeth for island hoteliers

C'mon grumpy - "Island hoteliers"Bhave had half a century to catch on that their substandard offering is as appealing as a fart in a spacesuit. A handful have twigged it and responded effectively.

Archived