Tesco to stop providing free plastic bags

Manx

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, John Wright said:

Do they actually sell raw chicken that isn't already on a polystyrene tray and shrink wrapped?

What are they doing on the deli counter with cooked and raw meat, and on the fish counter. I thought they were still putting into flimsy plastic bags. It's just plastic shopping bags at the till that have gone.

surely you aren't saying you've picked up your chicken, raw, unwrapped, with your bare hands, put it in your trolley cross contaminating with everything there?

The chicken is, of course, in a plastic tray, and wrapped in plastic film, but the outsides are often contaminated by adjacent packs that have leaked.

As an omnivorous person, with a chicken loving cat, it is something I buy regularly.

Much as I like fruit and nuts, I will not turn veggie any time soon.

Most supermarkets across, where carrier bags have had to be paid for long term, have a supply of smaller flimsy bags by each till. It's not just for chickens, but for firelighters and anything else that might benefit from a bit of extra cover.

8 hours ago, monasqueen said:

The chicken is, of course, in a plastic tray, and wrapped in plastic film, but the outsides are often contaminated by adjacent packs that have leaked.

As an omnivorous person, with a chicken loving cat, it is something I buy regularly.

Most supermarkets across, where carrier bags have had to be paid for long term, have a supply of smaller flimsy bags by each till. It's not just for chickens, but for firelighters and anything else that might benefit from a bit of extra cover.

So grab a couple of the veg bags and stuff them in the trolley before you start.

8 hours ago, monasqueen said:

Haven't been to Tesco since the 'ban' but M&S always used to bag the poultry in a free bag . 

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:40 PM, Aristotle said:

If FOI requests could be made to private companies, I would request information on exactly how they disposed of their plastic bags and whether it was done in an environmentally friendly way. Let's not kid ourselves here: the whole thing is nothing more than a cynical stealth tax / profit-maximisation exercise.

What an idiot !

• 2 weeks later...

It's 22 cent over in Ireland, or 70 cent for a bag for life in Tesco. It'll only continue to rise here. And yet the same people who complain about needing food banks and not having money are the same people who want to "save the planet by banning plastic bags", and want to give their money away to the government who can laugh and squander it on trips to the Falklands. Fecking eejits. 

Archived