Manx Gas Standing Charges

La Colombe

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, 2bees said:

There is a real live person who works in their accounts department (might be more than one but I only deal with one person so...). Why punish her because you're annoyed with Manx Gas? How much work do you suppose loads of cancelled direct debits would be? Won't somebody think of the book keepers? :D 

No...they should have studied harder and become accountants :)

5 hours ago, Neil Down said:

But you can cancel your DD/SO and make the feckers work for their money

But that would also mean that they wouldn't give you their (ever-decreasing) discount:

What is the Direct Debit Discount?

A Direct Debit Discount of 3.25% is available to all customers who pay by Direct Debit or Standing Order. The discount only applies to the cost of gas consumed and not to the standing charge element of the bill, before the addition of Vat.

So they win either way (though I suppose the Post Office does better with all those reminder letters).

I don't have an issue with the concept of a standing charge.  Where I do find it wrong is that my next door neighbour can be on band D and I'm on Band G because I use more gas.   The cost of getting it to us and maintaining the network is the same yet I'm getting stiffed for being a better customer.

Archived