Manx Gas Standing Charges

La Colombe

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Neil Down said:

I only have a gas cooker Roger so no great loss to me (or them really) :angry: I hate issuing empty threats

i thought that there was no standing charge if you only use gas for cooking ? At least that's what I heard from  my neighbour who switched to oil for heating  and has a gas hob for cooking.

34 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

i thought that there was no standing charge if you only use gas for cooking ? At least that's what I heard from  my neighbour who switched to oil for heating  and has a gas hob for cooking.

Don't know is the honest answer. Will check tomorrow 

34 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Hmm. Like the cheque is in the post and I won't ....  in your ..... ;)

"Mr Perkins says Manx Gas signed a regulatory agreement with the OFT - which is unlikely to be amended because a few don't agree with it:"

How out of touch is this clown, is he the new David Quirk of OFT? Just in case he reads these, it's not a few people who don't agree, more like the other way around. Do the government look for the most gullible mhk to look after this non effective  outfit?

Apparently someone organising the demo is going on Manx Radio this morning to discuss it. Does anyone know what time he's on and on what show? Only I've just tuned in and I cannot listen to the banter between Chris Kinley and the Williams bloke. It's too cringeworthy. Also the last track I heard was by Sade. Yes, Sade. FFS. 

2 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Martyn Perkins has seen it all before. Any demo won't make a blind bit of difference. So there. 

''Manx Gas claims it spreads customers' costs across the year, reducing the average bill by 11.7% - ''

In a world already full of bullshit, that right there stands out as weapons grade. The customer is being screwed plain and simple (with the consent of government) and being tied to MG there's nothing most of us can do about it, so why do they bother trying to sugar coat the whole affair whit blatant lies?

Archived