Ronaldsway Airport

Mac the Knife

6 hours ago, Kipper99 said:

You certainly did that

Yours certainly was

Looks as if you’ve got some insight, at last.

Perhaps not

You really are a card!

if you ever have the courage to come out from behind your pseudonym, and have a proper discussion rather than your rather immature snarking, I’ll be more than happy to buy lunch, coffee or beer.

The decision sir, or madam, is yours, but please, do either piss, or get off the pot. 

Regards

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, manxst said:

Some government departments are obviously better than others....the Police probably comes top of the pile for these game playing senior managers, I’d imagine, which is a crying shame given the generally good work done by the actual front line staff. 

Absolutely spot on.

There are some belting people all the way through, and at every rank. It’s just every now and then, someone manages to get promoted then spoils it. And there is little consistency in approach. Sometimes they bring in people from across, sometimes they don’t. 

But it is what it is. The good news is that the Chief has finally managed to secure a proper training budget. Hopefully this will see some of the top team being able to access the likes of the Strategic Command Course, which is invaluable for perspective, networking, and understanding how very good we’ve got it over here. We do all forget that - self included. And it will also help the core of policing to have training to help them be the very best that they can. 

Quite exciting times, really. 

53 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Absolutely spot on.

There are some belting people all the way through, and at every rank. It’s just every now and then, someone manages to get promoted then spoils it. And there is little consistency in approach. Sometimes they bring in people from across, sometimes they don’t. 

But it is what it is. The good news is that the Chief has finally managed to secure a proper training budget. Hopefully this will see some of the top team being able to access the likes of the Strategic Command Course, which is invaluable for perspective, networking, and understanding how very good we’ve got it over here. We do all forget that - self included. And it will also help the core of policing to have training to help them be the very best that they can. 

Quite exciting times, really. 

It isn’t it mainly the ‘top’ (LOL?!) team that’s to blame for the current malaise? My friends in the force tell me that the ex deputy chief got promoted to that position less than a year before he retired, purely because of the increased pension he would obtain- despite the chief stating to staff that no one within the organisation had the ability to fill that position only a few months earlier? Seems like jobs for the boys to me? Did the force not have a training budget before? What about all the hoohah about the closure of Port Erin station to allow the training department to move in? Is this purely down to the chief, and if so, was it a mistake to promote a Manx chief rather than someone from across as per normal?

52 minutes ago, manxst said:

It isn’t it mainly the ‘top’ (LOL?!) team that’s to blame for the current malaise? My friends in the force tell me that the ex deputy chief got promoted to that position less than a year before he retired, purely because of the increased pension he would obtain- despite the chief stating to staff that no one within the organisation had the ability to fill that position only a few months earlier? Seems like jobs for the boys to me? Did the force not have a training budget before? What about all the hoohah about the closure of Port Erin station to allow the training department to move in? Is this purely down to the chief, and if so, was it a mistake to promote a Manx chief rather than someone from across as per normal?

True story.

two CI promoted last month well within a year of their end of service. 

Ill leave that with you.

3 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

True story.

Ill leave that with you.

Then we have the situation ( not you DF ) of senior officers retiring on maximum lump sum and pension after 30 years and then reappearing within weeks in highly paid civilian roles, getting both pension and salary.

Latest example being inspector to police data protection officer.

9 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

True story.

Ill leave that with you.

It’s disgusting and shameful, and I wonder why proper journalistic investigations aren’t carried out into it. It’s obviously all about who you know, and whose genitalia you’re going to bend over for. The senior management of the police are a joke, and it’s a sorry thing to say, but the sooner a non Manx individual becomes chief again, the better. It’s by far the worst department in government for looking after their own, and promoting cretins whose sole objective is themselves, rather than people who want the best for the Island.  

Thanks again, Derek- your insight is very illuminating. 

19 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

Then we have the situation ( not you DF ) of senior officers retiring on maximum lump sum and pension after 30 years and then reappearing within weeks in highly paid civilian roles, getting both pension and salary.

It's nothing new, fire brigade are the worst culprits, and people wonder why we have no money! 

7 minutes ago, finlo said:

It's nothing new, fire brigade are the worst culprits, and people wonder why we have no money! 

Think that maybe used to be the case, but the fire brigade actually moved pensions a few years back, with the result being the payoffs weren’t as good? Might be mistaken though? 

23 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

True story.

Ill leave that with you.

Happens all over in IoM, from Central Govt down through the LAs. Enhances the pension for those fortunate enough to be within the circles. 

Along with the jobs for mates, cronyisms and cover ups. Place is rotten with it and needs a massive injection of morals and adherence to procedures. Getting somebody to administer it is another problem.

10 minutes ago, manxst said:

Think that maybe used to be the case, but the fire brigade actually moved pensions a few years back, with the result being the payoffs weren’t as good? Might be mistaken though? 

Maybe things have changed but million pound 40 something airport fireman ring any bells?

26 minutes ago, Kipper99 said:

I’m reasonably cool with that tbh. That guy was passed over for promotion and they spent a shit load on his training for that role. He’s good at it too. Fair play.

23 minutes ago, manxst said:

It’s disgusting and shameful, and I wonder why proper journalistic investigations aren’t carried out into it. It’s obviously all about who you know, and whose genitalia you’re going to bend over for. The senior management of the police are a joke, and it’s a sorry thing to say, but the sooner a non Manx individual becomes chief again, the better. It’s by far the worst department in government for looking after their own, and promoting cretins whose sole objective is themselves, rather than people who want the best for the Island.  

Thanks again, Derek- your insight is very illuminating. 

The odd thing is there really isn’t a ‘formula’ for looking after their own. The promotion system into the bubble is an odd one. Sometimes absolutely on merit, other times absolutely not. 

Never managed to work it out myself!

Archived