Ronaldsway Airport

Mac the Knife

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Gizo said:

More redundancies due at the airport. Letters out this week. 

More front line staff out of jobs whilst bloat continues unabated 

Indeed. They're advertising for yet another £40+k pa "Communications" bod in "Cabinet Office" (front page of Monday's Examiner). Whole place is already a lucrative retirement home for failed and/or local hacks.

5 hours ago, Gizo said:

More redundancies due at the airport. Letters out this week. 

More front line staff out of jobs whilst bloat continues unabated 

That's sad, who this time ?          remind me again about the 2.5 million passengers necessitating blowing a huge amount of cash there !!

5 hours ago, asitis said:

That's sad, who this time ?          remind me again about the 2.5 million passengers necessitating blowing a huge amount of cash there !!

Security officials, warranted officers. 

Been offered redeployment, 15k pay cut or redundancy. 

Baggage handlers, bus drivers, posties all been targeted and remarkablely not one manager. The trough widens. 

38 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Security officials, warranted officers. 

Been offered redeployment, 15k pay cut or redundancy. 

Baggage handlers, bus drivers, posties all been targeted and remarkablely not one manager. The trough widens. 

At least 10 yrs overdue. Airport ‘ police’ were on ostensibly the same money as front line officers. Apart from Belfast International Ronaldsway was the only Airport in The British Isles that had its own police force. Everywhere else is policed on a needs basis by the local constabulary.

not nice to see people lose their job, but I’d take this as a positive step to some sensible restructuring.

55 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

At least 10 yrs overdue. Airport ‘ police’ were on ostensibly the same money as front line officers. Apart from Belfast International Ronaldsway was the only Airport in The British Isles that had its own police force. Everywhere else is policed on a needs basis by the local constabulary.

not nice to see people lose their job, but I’d take this as a positive step to some sensible restructuring.

Didn't we employ a highly paid professional lots of years ago to do this sort of thing ? what has she been doing ?

Ahh yes empire building on the never ending gravy !!

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

Everywhere else has either dedicated airport police or pays the local constabulary a service charge for policing. With your vast knowledge of everything to do with the airport, will they now have to pay IOM Constabulary to cover the shortfall, and are there spare officers available on a daily basis to attend and deal with issues arising?

Archived