Raymotors goes in to liquidation

maynragh

14 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

I see in the Manx Independant, the liquidator is contacting previous customers ( around 500 of them ) who haven`t paid thier bills, ( around £100,000  apparently ) and says the garage may be for sale, ( but not as a going concern, presumably because it has been closed for so long ), surely if the liquidator wanted to get as much back as he could, why has he waited for 11 years, the business must now be worth next to nothing now, or am i wrong about that?

Yes, you’re wrong. It’s only been in liquidation for 18 months.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

I see in the Manx Independant, the liquidator is contacting previous customers ( around 500 of them ) who haven`t paid thier bills, ( around £100,000  apparently ) and says the garage may be for sale, ( but not as a going concern, presumably because it has been closed for so long ), surely if the liquidator wanted to get as much back as he could, why has he waited for 11 years, the business must now be worth next to nothing now, or am i wrong about that?

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Pretty poor debtor control, those who haven't paid their bills are partly responsible for it closing down I would suggest?

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

There was something in the paper about the liquidators wanting ex customers to prove they'd paid their bills going that far back!

3 minutes ago, finlo said:

There was something in the paper about the liquidators wanting ex customers to prove they'd paid their bills going that far back!

Apparently their books and records are so appalling they are asking people to show proof that they paid where they are shown as debtors. Who keeps records going back 11 years to prove they paid for a service on their car if the garage can’t prove it did receive the money and issue a receipt? 

Whatever happened about Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander Limited?  Did it get opened with a slightly different name and what happened about getting money back for the depositors who got skinned?

Or are those questions that should not be asked?

24 minutes ago, Rog said:

Whatever happened about Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander Limited?  Did it get opened with a slightly different name and what happened about getting money back for the depositors who got skinned?

Jeez.

If you don't know how to use the internet or can't be arsed reading the 38 updates from the KSF liquidator then yes, I guess they're questions that you should not ask.

8 minutes ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Jeez.

If you don't know how to use the internet or can't be arsed reading the 38 updates from the KSF liquidator then yes, I guess they're questions that you should not ask.

There's updates - and there's what's actually happening on the ground.  I still retain enough manxness to know that.

28 minutes ago, Rog said:

There's updates - and there's what's actually happening on the ground.  I still retain enough manxness to know that.

Against my better judgement I've given you the link to salve your ignorance.

Not really worth my time responding any further to this trolling so I'm out.

1 hour ago, Rog said:

More to the point, whatever happened to 'bellyup'?

1 hour ago, Rog said:

No, it didn’t reopen, under any name.

Yes, all the depositors got all their money back.

Yes, government got all the money it advanced under the Depositors Protection Scheme back.

However, lots of money was lost, the liquidation costs and the government costs in staying the liquidation and trying to arrange a fire sale of the loan book. If it had done that the creditors/depositors wouldn’t have got repaid in full.

8 minutes ago, WTF said:

if the ray motors books are that bad i would expect the taxman to be getting the lions share of any owed monies.

Essentially it's a family dispute in the Casement Family about whom is the greediest twat -  everything is paid for but bitterness and greed with family malice plus stubbornness will spend the cash on legal fees.......

Archived