Fund and share dealing accounts for Isle of Man residents

Paul1

40 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

Bullionbypost is great . However they have another business called 

https://www.gold.co.uk where the prices are slightly lower. 

The websites are similar and they are both part of the same company 

Jewellery Quarter Bullion Limited (JQB).

Is the Isle of man based gold bullion company still trading ???

imgold is still around according to their website. just gone quiet

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/28/2013 at 4:48 PM, woolley said:

Noooooo. Never happen. Humans cannot agree on anything for very long. Look at the trouble in the euro zone. I give the euro 10 years and that is being very generous.

But that's what you said over 4 years ago :P 

16 minutes ago, woolley said:

Just a matter of time, Tarne. But on the other hand go put all your wealth in euros. Nowt stopping you.;)

If the Greeks default - and I think they may well do so - it'll be 'interesting'. Germany will have to find 250 bn euro in a hurry.

10 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

If the Greeks default - and I think they may well do so - it'll be 'interesting'. Germany will have to find 250 bn euro in a hurry.

It's modern money. Private banks simply create it by lending it. And it can ultimately be written off, just as easily. At best it's a loss of face.

People always wrongly believe that banks lend money which already exists. As if there were a limited supply. 

40 minutes ago, pongo said:

It's modern money. Private banks simply create it by lending it. And it can ultimately be written off, just as easily. At best it's a loss of face.

People always wrongly believe that banks lend money which already exists. As if there were a limited supply. 

It's best they believe that, Pongo, otherwise they might run away with the idea that it's worthless or that they can have as much as they like for doing nothing. That poses more fundamental difficulties!

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:10 PM, Paul1 said:

Hi, can anyone recommend an online fund and share dealing account that is available to Isle of Man residents using Isle of Man bank accounts?

I already have holdings with Hargreaves lansdown, up until now no problems. However, since recently trying to open a junior account for my son, I seem to have 'alerted them to the fact I am an Isle of Man resident' to quote and that they can no longer allow me to add or withdraw further money, although I can still trade with what's already in the account. This basically renders the account useless to me as I need to keep adding money if it's going to amount to anything worthwhile, and to some extent be able to withdraw when necessary, so I will need to swich provider.

They say this is because I am an Isle of Man resident, and the iom is not considered part of the European economic area, and the FCA who regulate them don't allow this. After a lots of searching it seems every fund and share dealing account provider is regulated by the FCA. I have managed to open an account with IG who don't seem to have a problem with this, but they don't offer funds, which I would prefer to be an option if possible.

I would be grateful for any advice on this matter,

Thanks, Paul

PAUL

Try Halifax Share Dealing Ltd...they allow IoM residents...I have their T&Cs with me...

Regards

23 hours ago, notwell said:

There's decent deals to be had on property here.

I agree the markets are toppy but it's largely a mugs game for PI''s anyway.

Don't want to get into a property debate but struggling to find value property to buy for rental.

Archived