The R Sole King of Moraceae

Bellefield

On 8/9/2019 at 12:05 PM, ecobob said:

This is very bizarre. I appear to be being attacked by two posters for no other reason than I met this guy face to face and liked what he had to say. I have not and have never offered him continued support all I’ve done is to say that he is offering something different. 

Dont you want something different? Are you entirely happy with the current administration and the governmental system?

Here’s the thing. If you want radical change then that change is going to come in the guise of someone different. If it’s a painter, a chimney sweep, a nurse or a lightbulb salesman then it’s unlikely to be different. It will be much of the same old same old that’s its always been.

Here comes someone who is undoubtably different and it seems to scare the shit out of some of you. Even to the point of suggesting I am gay because I liked what someone had to say? Really? What is it that enrages you so much? Is it his ‘gayness’, is it that he’s American, that he’s black or just that he’s so different to what you already know, vote for, complain about and repeat? Wash and rinse. Over and over. It intrigues me.  

If you want change you’re going to have to learn to embrace change. Maybe it will be him or maybe it will be someone else but whoever it is it’s not going to be your ordinary man or woman in the street. And if you continue to jibe, disrespect, call names and insult anyone who is most certainly different and who is brave enough to put himself or herself on the line with their beliefs then you will continue to be part of the problem not the solution. 

I don't think anyone is particularly scared or against him Bob? It's probably that he has no track record by which to make any judgement of him other than his ideas. He is certainly a free thinker and an idealist but what has he actually done? People knew the lightbulb salesman, the nurse and the chimney sweep or at least had some idea about them. The fact that he is American, gay and black should make no difference if he can back up what he says with a proven track record. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"In 2017, Mr Clanton launched a GoFundMe bid to raise £1bn for the E.G.G - ’Ecological Geophysical Galleon’ - a 180-acre floating city off the Manx coast.So far, his crowdfunder has raised the grand sum of £4,815"

The Reading University PhD student called Ian is £999,995,185 short of funds for his plans. 

He seems articulate and pleasant sort of a chap, but clearly is untainted by reality.

6 minutes ago, MrPB said:

In fact some of his plans might not actually be mad enough or expensive enough to pass muster. 

Not if he ever gets into DOI...

Could he be any less effective than the women who gained office on the wave of sympathy for our down-trodden sisters?

Two of them have recently resigned themselves from positions where their voice could have at least tried to influence policy. There's not enough legislation goes through the Isle of Man to keep an MLC busy for more than a few hours a week. And it's not as if any of them apart from the lawyer have any qualifications to scrutinise legislation. 

45 minutes ago, Viddy well said:

Could he be any less effective than the women who gained office on the wave of sympathy for our down-trodden sisters?

Two of them have recently resigned themselves from positions where their voice could have at least tried to influence policy. There's not enough legislation goes through the Isle of Man to keep an MLC busy for more than a few hours a week. And it's not as if any of them apart from the lawyer have any qualifications to scrutinise legislation. 

And this fruitcake does ?

He’s aving a larf.

On 8/12/2019 at 3:27 PM, b4mbi said:

"In 2017, Mr Clanton launched a GoFundMe bid to raise £1bn for the E.G.G - ’Ecological Geophysical Galleon’ - a 180-acre floating city off the Manx coast.So far, his crowdfunder has raised the grand sum of £4,815"

The Reading University PhD student called Ian is £999,995,185 short of funds for his plans. 

He seems articulate and pleasant sort of a chap, but clearly is untainted by reality.

On 8/12/2019 at 6:27 PM, b4mbi said:

We've already migrated to the ocean bed.... well, according to H G Wells we have.

HM The Sole is no 'visionary'. He's just regurgitating what's been out there for a long time.

Archived