The R Sole King of Moraceae

Bellefield

4 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

Having met the bloke, the world just isn’t ready for him. He is an underfunded visionary and has a very clear perspective on how an utopian society might operate.

He’s an interesting chap, and not daft by any means. I just can’t see him finding a sponsor in the Keys.

For him to think he could be elected to the Legislative Council just shows his naivety.

He needs to stand for Keys, if only to bring him down to earth, although election to the House of Keys would give the lad the ultimate mandate.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, gettafa said:

For him to think he could be elected to the Legislative Council just shows his naivety.

He needs to stand for Keys, if only to bring him down to earth, although election to the House of Keys would give the lad the ultimate mandate.

Don't be silly, he has no chance in the keys, like that weirdo german magician fella, he is far smarter angling for the 'better inside the tent pissing out ticket' like Juan twat Turner.

Whether he has a chance or not is a matter for the electorate. It's that simple. (I once proclaimed with many others that Graham Cregeen had no chance. Malarkey too. And a few others).

I think Howard and his 'external brain' Chris Thomas must be flagging at the boast there are so many people with wombs in Tynwald (thanks to the Council of Ministers efforts to push 'em in). They need at least a token ethnic minority in there.

On 8/4/2019 at 9:48 AM, CharlieBrown said:

Don't be silly, he has no chance in the keys, like that weirdo german magician fella, he is far smarter angling for the 'better inside the tent pissing out ticket' like Juan twat Turner.

I had no idea Amadeus was a magician.

16 minutes ago, ecobob said:

I had breakfast with him this morning. A very energetic and likeable chap. Unstoppable even, although, of course every effort will be made to stop him. We don’t like change and all that. Happy birthday RM! 

I do like people like that, he obviously has some far reaching and unconventional ideas, but the IoM isn't the place for anything out of the ordinary, for many reasons, some understandable, others just sheer lack of any vision. He would be better served perhaps by being a bit more conventional?

5 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I do like people like that, he obviously has some far reaching and unconventional ideas, but the IoM isn't the place for anything out of the ordinary, for many reasons, some understandable, others just sheer lack of any vision. He would be better served perhaps by being a bit more conventional?

He’s obviously crackers but that’s fine in presenting yourself as some sort of off-beat visionary nut job but don’t expect anyone to take you seriously when you’re building an underwater kingdom to save humanity like a plot out of some 1970s Bond film. 

Let the electorate decide that. It's perfectly simple.

If a bye-election crops up before 2021 he might want to give it a go and he might stand a chance. Jonno Joughin got in with 159 or so votes (but that wasn't the electoratre taking a chance on a bye-election candidate, it was more a case the electorate couldn't be arsed).

1 hour ago, ecobob said:

How glorious. Aren’t you just a tiny bit envious of his drive, his energy, his beliefs, his plans? 

Yes, yes, of course you are. 

You seem to be full of rage today for no real reason. No I don't envy a nutter. He’s one up on the scale from David Icke to be honest as far as most people are concerned. Nutters are often very charismatic but they’re still nutters. 

12 minutes ago, ecobob said:

Not rage mate. Just passion. 

The man is a crackpot. He should go to the polls and see who will vote for him. He might beat Pat Ayres record of 39 votes if he’s lucky as nobody wants another complete loon in there. And even if he got in when the DOI start asking for £100M to build a giant space egg on the moon maybe people will realize voting for a loony isn’t perhaps the best idea they’ve ever had. 

But, he's planning to stand for the Legislative Council. There was no mention in the MR interview as to whether he has found two MHK's who will nominate, and second, him. (I think that is the process to get into the ballot).

He clearly doesn't fancy standing for the Keys, and the likely humiliation that would bring, so he's not that daft!! 

45 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

And even if he got in when the DOI start asking for £100M to build a giant space egg on the moon maybe people will realize voting for a loony isn’t perhaps the best idea they’ve ever had. 

It would be less of a waste of money than the £400M debt we are left with for a power station that looks like an opera house.

And we didn't vote anyone to do that. In fact the people we voted for and entrusted with our futures didn't even, we are told, know about it.

Archived