More shootings in the U.S.

De nada

19 minutes ago, quilp said:

You're right, but have you envisaged the difficulties in enforcing the necessary changes? Would those necessary changes make any difference to weapons that are off the record and readily available if someone seriously wants one? Bad people are gonna do bad things. Then the issue raises it head again every time some nutcase decides to go rampage and politicians make mileage out of it only for it to go on the back-burner till the next time. 

Most illegal firearms started out as legal firearms.  Restrict the flow of legal firearms and that will have a knock on effect.

You can't get rid of firearms crime 100% but if you can reduce school shootings by just 1, at least some good would come of it.

4 minutes ago, scarbunny said:

This is a good point it's hard to do and wont stop 100% of gun crime so it's probably not worth doing anything at all.

Now you're being sarcastic, right? Tightening up the conditions for ownership might make a small difference to the death toll. Some states have such a minimum requirement of proof on purchase it just makes it too easy to buy. If they try to change this, making it harder to procure weapons and ammo and wrapped it up in admin, the gun shops would be, er, up in arms about it. And all states would have to agree. Might take 10 years before signs of significant change were apparent.

Unless someone's got a better idea of going about changing one of the mainstays of the American Constitution..? 

14 minutes ago, quilp said:

Now you're being sarcastic, right? Tightening up the conditions for ownership might make a small difference to the death toll. Some states have such a minimum requirement of proof on purchase it just makes it too easy to buy. If they try to change this, making it harder to procure weapons and ammo and wrapped it up in admin, the gun shops would be, er, up in arms about it. And all states would have to agree. Might take 10 years before signs of significant change were apparent.

Unless someone's got a better idea of going about changing one of the mainstays of the American Constitution..? 

Another good point!  People with vested interests will be upset so that'll make it even harder, just think how sad the NRA would be too and how will Trump cope with out the $20 million+ he's had in kick backs from them.  Probably best to just give all school teachers a gun and hope they don't accidentally shot little Timmy in the head while trying to to stop an active shooter.

Maybe they could use the process enshrined in the Constitution to make amendments to the Constitution like they did 27 times before, they've even used that process to add an amendment (21st) that repeals a previous amendment (18th).

Edited by scarbunny

37 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Most illegal firearms started out as legal firearms.  Restrict the flow of legal firearms and that will have a knock on effect.

You can't get rid of firearms crime 100% but if you can reduce school shootings by just 1, at least some good would come of it.

its a liberal problem......

liberals want to disarm innocent people, leaving them defenceless against the criminally insane.....

liberals also want to keep those dangerous insane people out of prisons and asylums......

In the news this week... Remmington filed for bancrupcy protection. Smith and Wesson profits have dropped from 32 million to 3 million. Republican Government equals bad gun sales. The NRA wishes Obama was still in charge.

Trumps thoughts and prayers don’t seem to breed gun sales the same as Obama’s thoughts and prayers did.

I wonder why.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ScotsAlan said:

In the news this week... Remmington filed for bancrupcy protection. Smith and Wesson profits have dropped from 32 million to 3 million. Republican Government equals bad gun sales. The NRA wishes Obama was still in charge.

Trumps thoughts and prayers don’t seem to breed gun sales the same as Obama’s thoughts and prayers did.

I wonder why.

Probably everyone was building their own personal arsenal in case Obama managed to do something about their crazy gun laws?

• Like 1

When I come across Americans in Chinese bars, I can very quickly suss out their political leanings. I suggest drinking a toast to Obama. They normally refuse the toast, declare him a commie who wanted to take their guns away....and that leads me to start a conversation about gun control.

It goes like this.

Me... ban AR15s.

Them.... NHS is shit. Death panels, kill old people, socilised medicine is anti Jesus.

Me... how many guns do you have?

Them.... 50. I have 50 guns.

Me... in China? You have guns in China?

Them... yeah man, I pack heat in China.

Me... yeah, sure you do.

They are nutters. Total nutters.

1 minute ago, ScotsAlan said:

When I come across Americans in Chinese bars, I can very quickly suss out their political leanings. I suggest drinking a toast to Obama. They normally refuse the toast, declare him a commie who wanted to take their guns away....and that leads me to start a conversation about gun control.

It goes like this.

Me... ban AR15s.

Them.... NHS is shit. Death panels, kill old people, socilised medicine is anti Jesus.

Me... how many guns do you have?

Them.... 50. I have 50 guns.

Me... in China? You have guns in China?

Them... yeah man, I pack heat in China.

Me... yeah, sure you do.

They are nutters. Total nutters.

Just shoot ‘em.

• Like 1