Notwell

dilligaf

25 minutes ago, Declan said:

Personally I hope his ban is temporary and when he returns he’ll be more considerate, because a more reasonable Notwell would be worth having around.  

We could say that about everyone who has been banned recently. But history suggests that might not happen and they’ll revert to type soon enough. You can’t say some bans are ok and some are not. It was the Mods decision because it was them dealing with the fallout of all the problems. None of us really know anymore than that. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not going to get into the whys and wherefores of anyone who's actually banned, but I can confirm that woolley and quilp are not banned.

However, as I was checking I noticed something odd. I'm not sure what's going on with the "Last Visited" times on a number of accounts, not just theirs but they're both showing as last visited in April this year when clearly that's wrong. Picking out some old random posters seems to have some oddities too which I assume is related to the database work that was done a few weeks back. I dunno. 

Anyway, my point was to dispel the conspiracy around those two particular accounts. They've simply stopped posting.

24 minutes ago, Gizo said:
6 hours ago, Neil Down said:

I'd rather you just bogged off and stopped trolling but hey ho, we can't all have what we want...

Ahah the Downer and Dilly combo

It's not a bad little band we have, we are just short of a pianist.

Please don't ask to join though, as I clearly said "pianist";)

3 hours ago, Declan said:

To be honest, Sultan, I didn’t say Notwell was perusing a vendetta against people, or chasing people around the forums. I just feel that he found it hard to let anyone else have the last word. 

It’s a sometimes hard to leave a thread when you’re convinced you are right and that the next post will be the zinger that gets a homophobe to drape himself in the rainbow flag and march through Manchester next pride day or Nigel Farrage that Brexit is a bad idea. We all probably slip up in this regard from time to time but Notwell did it repeatedly and if he ran into someone like yourself or Neil Down or hboy who was similarly afflicted the bickering would last pages. 

Personally I hope his ban is temporary and when he returns he’ll be more considerate, because a more reasonable Notwell would be worth having around.  

What do you mean afflicted? My career said I am coming along nicely ...:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

And Quilp was sound, used to have Frank as his profile pic, I hope he's not banned, wooley too. I reckon I could sit in a pub and argue with him for hours, he's so wrong in some of his views (in my opinion) but comes across as a complete believer in his stance, not much flexibility in the way he looks at the world, his mind is made up. His posts were mostly worth reading even if I thought they were wrong. And his spats with PK could be quite amusing.

Needless to say we thoroughly enjoyed the exchanges!

One thing about Mr Quilp is if he got a bit ott and you pointed it out to him he would apologise.

Something of a rarity.

On 12/21/2017 at 9:39 PM, gettafa said:

Interesting that woolley and quilp, notwell too, are listed in the top popular posters of all time/year (listed at right of main page)

Makes you wonder what they’re doing for 12 hours a day now. I haven’t seen an upsurge in Facebook activity. By the laws of physics every action should have an equal and opposite reaction. 

Notwell used to do a lot of this though:

On 11/18/2017 at 2:44 PM, P.K. said:

Ah right. So when you post up answers like this:

On 11/16/2017 at 4:33 PM, notwell said:

Er Yeh.  Whatever:rolleyes:

And this:

On 11/17/2017 at 5:53 PM, notwell said:

What's your point?

It's not that you don't understand what has been posted previously but rather it's just a pathetic attempt to belittle what has gone before without adding anything of substance to the debate.

Got it!

Not exactly adding anything of value methinks....

2 hours ago, ans said:

Not going to get into the whys and wherefores of anyone who's actually banned, but I can confirm that woolley and quilp are not banned.

However, as I was checking I noticed something odd. I'm not sure what's going on with the "Last Visited" times on a number of accounts, not just theirs but they're both showing as last visited in April this year when clearly that's wrong. Picking out some old random posters seems to have some oddities too which I assume is related to the database work that was done a few weeks back. I dunno. 

Anyway, my point was to dispel the conspiracy around those two particular accounts. They've simply stopped posting.

Is there still a list of members?

Because if so I can't find it.

Archived