TT 2018

woody2

15 hours ago, Dhoon Boy said:

Greenlight's coverage of the North West and Ulster is top class to be fair, long time since they did the TT. Great to see a local company beating competition from off Island. We'll see in June but until then I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

bbc?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Max Power said:

It all depends on the budget they had to work with, there was also a huge technological leap which benefited N1 at the time they took over. I guess we'll see very soon but N1's coverage was getting very stale. 

What was stale about it? I thought they took coverage to a different level over their 8 years. Last year they introduced a section on privateers, quality presenters, super slow motion pictures and daily shows. The millions of people around the world who have watched since they took over can't all be wrong.

I just hope Greenlight has learned a lesson and will not rest on their laurels as they did before they lost the contract. That was stale coverage!

That said I wish them well and hope the decision has been made for the right reasons. 

Could anyone explain when and where was this tendering process publicised? Surely this must be an open bidding process? Same goes for all government contracts right, or am I missing something?

Maybe the government might like to compile a list of all the current suppliers to the TT and the renewal dates for each contract so there is a level playing field for knowing when and how to submit a bid.

3 hours ago, ShohSlaynt said:

Could anyone explain when and where was this tendering process publicised? Surely this must be an open bidding process? Same goes for all government contracts right, or am I missing something?

Maybe the government might like to compile a list of all the current suppliers to the TT and the renewal dates for each contract so there is a level playing field for knowing when and how to submit a bid.

I was mentioned HERE but would have been on the gov website and advertised in local and I would also imagine in the trade press

There is a list of previous tenders for all departments, applicants, and who won.

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

H&B would have to pay an application fee and the DoI doesn't? 

Never really matters about who the applicant is anyway as permission goes the land not the applicant.

Agree about the 28 day rule.

it says doi are...

The Department for Enterprise is applying for planning permission to open a pub in Noble's Park during the TT and Festival of Motorcycling.

A good move. The beer tent has needed relocation for a while. Nobles Park has become quite an organised village area this last couple of years, probably prompted in part by Snoozebox.

It looks like that area will be another good attraction.

So - Bushys at the Villa,  Hooded Ram at the bottle neck. Brewery at the Grandstand

Decisions, decisions....

Yes, but they came up with the concept of making a 'village' up there. Last year that part of the park was all laid out for camper vans etc. with leccy and that

There's a thread on it here but ICBA looking for it. I think the main point ended up being all the shite they left, including a comfy chair etc. I think they must have thought it was like Glastonbury where all the eco-warriors leave all their shite behind for others to clean up. But I digress.

5 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

The organisers took a root and branch approach to rethinking the site last year. It is now so big, it doesn't fit, so they've moves bits around, excluded some of the unnecessary and made it easier to manage, esp. from an elf and safety point of view. 

What is so big Derek.?

The only things getting bigger are the egos of those running it and a lot of amateurs who think they are professionals.

The grandstand and paddock/camp area always coped with demand. A lot of riders now think they are better than results would confirm.

If on the other hand you are saying that the event is getting bigger, then you are deluding yourself.

How long have you been here? 

10 hours ago, dilligaf said:

What is so big Derek.?

The only things getting bigger are the egos of those running it and a lot of amateurs who think they are professionals.

The grandstand and paddock/camp area always coped with demand. A lot of riders now think they are better than results would confirm.

If on the other hand you are saying that the event is getting bigger, then you are deluding yourself.

How long have you been here? 

I was involved from the police side on the revisions. It’s been too big for the site for quite some time, wasn’t actually ‘coping with demand’ and needed a rethink. It had grown like topsy, and having the opportunity to stand back and re-plan was beneficial for everyone from competitors to spectators. 

The site will remain a compromise though whilst you have two interested parties, I.e. the corpagh and the Govt. 

hope that helps clarify.

Archived