Boatyard - Protesting too loudly?

Galen

So the rumour mill has been at work prompting this response from the owners

https://www.facebook.com/theboatyardpeel/photos/pb.520428751340598.-2207520000.1521274509./1760810327302428/?type=3&theater

Truth or lie? Professional rivalry within the industry? Has a supplier retaliated due to an invoice been paid late? Revengeful nastiness from a disgruntled employee, or what ?

Given it is Paddy's day, does anyone know what is the 'craic''?

I admit to having visited the establishment on a number of occasions in the past, but parking around there can be a real pain too unless you are a late night eater. Added to which the absence of warmth and charm when the mother was on duty, aided and abetted by the monosyllabic son, and the need to have a hot line to the bank manager to increase my overdraft when the bill arrived (and I have a modest palate), resulted in alternatives been sought.

Some might say customers are paying for the kitsch decor, themed for what Peel could be, but probably will never manage to attain. Personally, I would have preferred the effort being put on service and quality of food, areas which in my experiences were a considerable variable, despite the enthusiasm and charm of the 'Dollywood' daughter.

Boatyard or scrap-yard? - Discuss

We went. Were offered a pre dinner drink so opted for that. Before we had got half way through our aperitif the started was brought to us. 

We were "rushed" through our meal. Admittedly they were busy and we had  not booked so maybe they wanted our table. Wont be going back in a rush. The food was quite good though.

9 minutes ago, Declan said:

I hate these sort of threads. It’s one meal out of the thousands you’ll eat in your life. If you don’t like it don’t go back but don’t try to put them out of business. 

Agree... if they are bad, they'll put themselves out of business

28 minutes ago, pongo said:

We've been a few times. Great food, nicely presented and friendly service.

Yep, not been too many times myself but never had any cause for complaint.

1 hour ago, craggy_steve said:

Been to the Boatyard a couple of times, seems popular but even when someone else is paying it just doesn't seem to tick the right boxes for me. Each to their own.

It think it’s unfair to try to create rumours about someone’s business when they could well be a rival. I’ve had loads of really good meals there and recommend it. The only thing I can find to complain about is the woman who seems to put her make up on with a couple of two-pack aerosols. But that’s more amusing than proper grounds for complaint. 

20 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It think it’s unfair to try to create rumours about someone’s business when they could well be a rival. 

+1

I don't see the point. Hardly a threat to the other options on the Quay - each has their aficionados. 

Archived