What's missing?

war baby

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are indeed some superb chippies around the Island. I can't believe the enormous portions they hand out though. Even "regular" is easily enough for two. "Large" is a mountain. On the rare occasion we indulge, I normally buy one chips between two plus the fish. Can't help thinking that if they moderated the bulk and the prices a wee bit, people would avail more often and it would be better for business and better for the figures of the lardy clientele.

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

..........why? the Trawlerman in Ramsey is excellent..................there are many good chippies around the island..................

Quite often the chips are just a load of small scraps.

47 minutes ago, woolley said:

There are indeed some superb chippies around the Island. I can't believe the enormous portions they hand out though. Even "regular" is easily enough for two. "Large" is a mountain. On the rare occasion we indulge, I normally buy one chips between two plus the fish...

Were you feeling peckish when you posted this? :lol:

15 hours ago, Trueblood said:

Mexican

Agreed. Somewhere that would do a proper tasty, hot chilli would be nice, as well as fajitas that don't taste like they've been prepared using some stir in spices from Tesco. Just some really tasty, fiery, authentic food.

There are some interesting ideas here, thanks!  I agree that a good Japanese restaurant would be very welcome.  There is/was a sushi bar at Quines Corner, but I never used it as it always seemed to be shut.  I would certainly visit a good Vietnamese place.

Keep the ideas coming, maybe there is a budding young entrepreneurial chef reading MF.

Well, not me, thanks.  My topic question was a genuine enquiry after visiting some large English cities and encountering the bewildering array of new cuisines on offer.  My own view is you can’t beat a bit of good of fresh local fish.

11 hours ago, Lxxx said:

Agreed. Somewhere that would do a proper tasty, hot chilli would be nice, as well as fajitas that don't taste like they've been prepared using some stir in spices from Tesco. Just some really tasty, fiery, authentic food.

Watched Rick Stein's last series when he was in Mexico and some of the food looked amazing. 

Archived