How is it that a rider is having to rely on crowd funding

hissingsid

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Burt said:

Is there not a procedure set out for "wrong direction-return to grandstand" eventualities? Would the riders not of had a briefing beforehand to explain this? 

There is a procedure but all facts need to be explored by the advocates involved and put before a court before apportioning blame or not.

Anything said by others on here may or may not be receiving false information. Mind you, it hasn't stopped people before.

13 minutes ago, manxy said:

There is a procedure but all facts need to be explored by the advocates involved and put before a court before apportioning blame or not.

Anything said by others on here may or may not be receiving false information. Mind you, it hasn't stopped people before.

no one has been charged yet, the details are in the paper......

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=41016&headline=What we know so far about Mercer's crash&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2018

Just saying - Is that all the facts or are they cherry picking bits of information?

I'm not bothered either way, but I find that papers are not the most trusting of sources and tend to agitate things to gain a reaction and therefore attempt to sell more papers.

26 minutes ago, manxy said:

Just saying - Is that all the facts or are they cherry picking bits of information?

I'm not bothered either way, but I find that papers are not the most trusting of sources and tend to agitate things to gain a reaction and therefore attempt to sell more papers.

Fair comment, but curious to know how Mr Flint can indicate that the car and it's police occupants were blameless , that can only be established if they proceeded under the direct instructions of 'Race control' .

As I understand if there is  a fatality where only a single rider is involved the clerk of the course deals with the matter , if more than one rider involved then there could be blame hence police involvement. 

It would be prudent to wait for the outcome of the enquiry to ascertain exactly what happened .

ETO after a red flag , as I understand it nobody moves without a direct instruction from race control ( e.g. "riders will return to the grandstand under stationary yellow's"....and perhaps ....." led by a TM".

45 minutes ago, manxy said:

who knows:lol:

but i think it can be discussed until criminal proceedings start.....

57 minutes ago, woody2 said:

who knows:lol:

but i think it can be discussed until criminal proceedings start.....

it has to be discussed to decide whether there will be any criminal proceedings in the first place

On 7/3/2018 at 11:05 AM, La Colombe said:

Here's an uncomfortable story about Dan Hegarty's lack of insurance cover in Macau last year where he was killed in a race. How was he able to start without adequate cover, or are they much less insistent out there than on the island? Could it happen here? 

Fancy getting life insurance then racing in a country you’re not insured for. What a complete an utter weapon.

Some encouraging news.

"The TT rider who collided with a course car during practice week has been moved out of the critical care ward.

Steve Mercer has been receiving treatment at a Merseyside hospital since the incident at Ballacrye in May.

An update on his Facebook page confirmed Mercer is now on a normal ward, but was unable to provide further details of his condition.

The ACU and local authorities are carrying out investigations into the collision, which happened under red flag conditions."

Archived