How is it that a rider is having to rely on crowd funding

hissingsid

How is it that a rider, injured by a course car has to resort to crowd or go funding whatever it is called.   Surely there is an insurance scheme in place that provides compensation to a competitor who is injured by a vehicle controlled by the race controllers.    Never mind the it was not me and lessons will be learned crap this poor man is lying in hospital through no fault of his own and that is the important aspect of the whole sad situation. It is a gods blessing all three riders that were allowed to make their way back to the grandstand were not injured.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not speaking about this incident particularly...but every day many very obvious accidents need to be investigated before blame gets apportioned.

That process can often take months or years. Especially when things involve legslese.

There is a riders charity...but there are also, thankfully, sensible generous people who realise needs are often immediate.

8 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

How is it that a rider, injured by a course car has to resort to crowd or go funding whatever it is called.   Surely there is an insurance scheme in place that provides compensation to a competitor who is injured by a vehicle controlled by the race controllers.    Never mind the it was not me and lessons will be learned crap this poor man is lying in hospital through no fault of his own and that is the important aspect of the whole sad situation. It is a gods blessing all three riders that were allowed to make their way back to the grandstand were not injured.

Before you get too involved, the course car was being driven in the correct direction.

Keep your child like bias out of every post you make.

You don't half post some crap.

You're fucking mental Dilligaf. On the tents thread you're calling out the gov as corrupt and an embarrassment, yet a thread about the most awful and serious thing to happen in the TT in ages you shout abuse at someone for talking about it. And you'll note very few people are talking about it. 

Anyway, assuming the riders didn't decide to ride backwards along the course themselves, any half decent lawyer should be able to sue for fucking shit loads so crowdfunding won't be needed soon.

I agree The Teapot, Dilligaf is mental, he/she launches into attack and/or name calling anyone whose view sufferers from his/hers.

Hissingsid asked a legitimate and fair question which Max Power answered extremely well.

Speedy recovery Steve Mercer.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

You're fucking mental Dilligaf. On the tents thread you're calling out the gov as corrupt and an embarrassment, yet a thread about the most awful and serious thing to happen in the TT in ages you shout abuse at someone for talking about it. And you'll note very few people are talking about it. 

Anyway, assuming the riders didn't decide to ride backwards along the course themselves, any half decent lawyer should be able to sue for fucking shit loads so crowdfunding won't be needed soon.

No I am not.

Hissing Sid seems to imply that some fault lies with the car /driver. It does not. 

I don't know who is to blame for sending the bikes back the "wrong" way. but is sure as hell has fuck all to do with the car.

I am pretty sure a lot of riders have suffered injuries this year and need a few bob, but starting this "go fund me" stuff ignores the rest of them.

I feel very sorry for Steve Mercer,( and his family) more so because he retired last year, then came back. That is just the worst luck you can have.

Get off my back and justify the damage done to riders in the event you think is so wonderful.

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sausages said:

Where are you getting that from mr angry pants?

Just the first line of the first post. ie Rider injured by a course car. 

Not angry as such, just amazed at the stupidity shown by folk trying to score points.

53 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Just the first line of the first post. ie Rider injured by a course car. 

Not angry as such, just amazed at the stupidity shown by folk trying to score points.

I don't think there's any dispute that he was injured by a course car. That's not putting the blame on the driver.

Try reading things a few times before you kick off.

Archived