Audi TT 20 Year Celebrations

On 7/25/2018 at 11:29 PM, dilligaf said:

I would be surprised if it cost us a penny.

Advertising budgets being what they are, it probably cost the German taxpayer more than us.

I bet it will cost us.  As more people come to ride the mountain road, expect more donations to the human organ department. 

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Gizo said:

I bet it will cost us.  As more people come to ride the mountain road, expect more donations to the human organ department. 

No need at all for that stupid post. 

We need attract people who buy more than a Mars bar and a Red Bull drink

The owners of the super cars spend plenty and have connections. that can only be good for us

• 1 month later...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/mountain-road-closes-for-ford-film-shoot/

I wonder if the IOMG is actually getting something, and again the long suffering motorists, who will be inconvenienced at some point. No doubt Skelly is giving Ford every assistance, including us taxpayers funding the police, who could be used to prevent crime in the island. It’s a bit ironic that the Starship Enterprise and the Department of Incompetence can get their act together, to close the road, for a motor manufacturer, ironically are a big name players in Rallying!, and give Rally Isle of Man such red tape they are forced to cancel. Just a thought for discussion. I’m sure Ford will sell cars, but those buyers are unlikely to come to the island for a holiday!

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

I’m sure Ford will sell cars, but those buyers are unlikely to come to the island for a holiday!

It's all about creating awareness, association with the brands does us no harm at all and for the island to become a familiar subliminal feature could pay dividends in future.

40 minutes ago, Max Power said:

It's all about creating awareness, association with the brands does us no harm at all and for the island to become a familiar subliminal feature could pay dividends in future.

If it was an advert and it would feature on most tv channels, and advertised at prime time, that would maybe show the island scenery. This is for a YouTube video. I personally wish that we get something out of this. How can you measure whether these advert campaigns have paid dividends? Skelly Bullshit? HRH The Chief Ministers pronouncements? Chris Thomas’s Thesis? Sorry for the cynicism, but it’s going to take a lot to persuade me.

7 minutes ago, 2112 said:

If it was an advert and it would feature on most tv channels, and advertised at prime time, that would maybe show the island scenery. This is for a YouTube video. I personally wish that we get something out of this. How can you measure whether these advert campaigns have paid dividends? Skelly Bullshit? HRH The Chief Ministers pronouncements? Chris Thomas’s Thesis? Sorry for the cynicism, but it’s going to take a lot to persuade me.

There isn't any way to quantify the benefits of exposure, it's just something that is done to raise awareness. If the DoE were to charge for the use of the iconic roads, say goodbye to the publicity, we wouldn't get any, they'd find somewhere else, which would be a shame.

26 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Skelly Bullshit? HRH The Chief Ministers pronouncements? Chris Thomas’s Thesis? Sorry for the cynicism, but it’s going to take a lot to persuade me.

They are indeed a trio of deadbeats aren’t they?

Archived