Audi TT 20 Year Celebrations

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lost Login said:

That surprises me as it never looks like we get more than 200 entries from across  for a rally so to raise a million each would have to spend £5,000 in the local economy. Now I know petrol ain't cheap over here but............

It’s because 4 wheel Motorsport types don’t tend to work on a shoe string, stay in hotels, Eat in restaurants etc. they also burn a lot of petrol - which probably the s bad for the biosphere...

53 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

It’s because 4 wheel Motorsport types don’t tend to work on a shoe string, stay in hotels, Eat in restaurants etc. they also burn a lot of petrol - which probably the s bad for the biosphere...

Ahhhh HRH The Chief Minister’s favourite Biosphere bollocks, which he loves to spout. It’s so important that, the fumes emitted from Audi TT must have a negative impact on the environment. 

17 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Ahhhh HRH The Chief Minister’s favourite Biosphere bollocks, which he loves to spout. It’s so important that, the fumes emitted from Audi TT must have a negative impact on the environment. 

Their emission figures will have been massaged anyhow.

10 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

I appreciate that they may not work on a shoestring but the idea that the odd couple of rally's we have bring in millions to the Island seems fanciful

13 hours ago, Galen said:

Only if you want to increasingly get those who live on the Island for reasons other than sporting activities, really cheesed off.

It is not as though many of the companies who IOM Govt court to come over here are on the proverbial financial bones of their backsides. Why should they not pay something directly into our society? If indirect income was so lucrative, then Govt would surely abandon direct taxation of residents and just depend on indirect means such as VAT etc. However, the IOM Govt is no different to any other Govt in that it wants its cake and wants to eat it, so we pay twice, directly and directly. Given the IOM Govt now own the SPCO, no doubt they, sorry we, paid Audi's ferry fares too.

I'm not cheesed off.

You could turn the island into one big race track for me. Let's face it, we have little to nothing else to offer the world apart from e-gaming (temporarily), tax advantages and the manx cat. We need to be in the market of finding niches, however small or spurious, and capitalising on them. If moaning Arthur from Greeba objects to his roads being closed for a few days here and there so he can maintain living on a safe and attractive island then he is going to have to get used to it.

The same people who moan about road closures will moan about immoral- e-gaming and offshore finance. They would do well to consider the oft used phrase containing boats and early starts that they use to comeovers who occasionally moan about living here.

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

You could turn the island into one big race track for me. Let's face it, we have little to nothing else to offer the world apart from e-gaming (temporarily), tax advantages and the manx cat.

Manx Cheese - don't forget our cheese.   That could be more than a niche if we marketed it to tourists.    Have you been to Amsterdam?   Cheese shops on every street corner, packed with tourists from around the world who go there to buy cheese.  And stroopwafels.    We might not have stroopwafels, but that Dutch cheese isn't a patch on our Manx Red Leicester.

4 hours ago, Karellen said:

Manx Cheese - don't forget our cheese.   That could be more than a niche if we marketed it to tourists.    Have you been to Amsterdam?   Cheese shops on every street corner, packed with tourists from around the world who go there to buy cheese.  And stroopwafels.    We might not have stroopwafels, but that Dutch cheese isn't a patch on our Manx Red Leicester.

Amsterdam also has cafes selling cake - these would be enormously popular over here.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=41807&headline=Government closes road for seven afternoons for Audi - and it doesn't get a penny for doing so&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2018

’It has been positive to work with such a significant, international company and the event shows clear affirmation to our TT co-existence agreement with Audi and the continuing draw of our famous mountain course.’

Wonder did Audi ask DED to stop making the TT brand look so fucking tacky.

On 7/12/2018 at 10:50 PM, the stinking enigma said:

Audi you like that? Seems to me that whoever wrote that is hoping to attract the attention of the sun's talent scouts. Seems more of an opinion piece to me -not that i've read it. but i'm not sure why i'm supposed to be more pissed off about this closure than any other?

IOM Newspapers seems to have become little more than a printed version of the kind of daft moaning that you get on the local facebook sites.  It's like the misguided rabble rousing of a 14 year old who's just found about Che Guevara, but with worse spelling and use of the English language in general.

Archived