Audi TT 20 Year Celebrations

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And they're even coming to Ramsey! For half an hour over the weekend. With the Courthouse as a backdrop. It was bound to come in useful for something.

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

I doubt Audi is going to give this island any positive publicity. Superb photography isn’t going to bring people to the island or help fill in the black holes in the islands finances. Yes some people on the island will benefit nicely, I certainly won’t, but I’m helping to subsidise the very people who will benefit, so please forgive me for expressing my opinion. Incidentally, like many other taxpayers on the island, my taxes are used towards the TT/FOM etc. I do not get anything out of this event. I don’t dislike it, but unlike some who treat Motorsports like a wet dream. I merely express my opinion, even if it’s comes across as moaning. Sorry if I come across as moaning. 

You must pay an enormous amount of income tax to support the Civil Service, The TT, MGP and now the Audi promotion.

I am jealous of you HNWs

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

If I were DED I would insist of maximum exposure and insistence of mentioning of the island on all prominent promotional material, and if necessary plugging the island via Audi. 

Nah. If you were in the DED you would insist on getting 5% of all money spent on the island by people coming over in new Audis. 

Just a hypothetical scenario, now that is taxpayers own the Steam Packet, could the idiots at DED and others, promise all sort of cheap fares and cut price deals for cars, coaches and freight. I’m only mentioning as a discussion point. If they did, it would result in genuine travellers having to pay extortioninate prices. I personally can see this happening before long. 

28 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Just a hypothetical scenario, now that is taxpayers own the Steam Packet, could the idiots at DED and others, promise all sort of cheap fares and cut price deals for cars, coaches and freight. I’m only mentioning as a discussion point. If they did, it would result in genuine travellers having to pay extortioninate prices. I personally can see this happening before long. 

Have you been asleep for weeks as this was done to death

1 minute ago, dilligaf said:

Excellent stuff. Maybe the moaners will shut up now.

The first magazine review are out, they’re favourable to the IoM.

Apparently this, and more footage will be shown all over the world.

Archived