Well done all our A level students for getting all those As

gettafa

27 minutes ago, paswt said:

The "Diploma in Management Studies" was described in the blurb as a  "Post Graduate Diploma"  by, what is now, the  " Middlesex University".

I had the gained the Diploma issued by the Public Health Inspectors Education Board (1968/9) the educational requirements being 4 "o" levels .

FWIW many of those on the DMS course who had 'A' levels and a degree dropped out or failed , I s'pose I should have gone to the presentation ceremony (and got a pic) rather than asking them to bung the 'sterstificate'  in the post:D

I appreciate that things may have changed , TBF They did try to throw me off the course as I didn't have a suitable maths qualification required for "statistics" and refused to refund my LA .

So I attended a 'remedial mathematics' course ( with a delightful lecturer )....... as the 'stats exam' was 'open book' he coached me on how to "pass" :lol: ( about 20% failed) .

"Lol". 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, paswt said:

Learned quite a bit in primary school thanks which assisted me to make a reasonable living , able to retire at 51 and now have difficulty in spending my income thanks:)

Left school at 15 with a few 'O' levels  and subsequently gained a "post graduate diploma" so it's perhaps foolish to assume that  'A' levels / degrees are  always a prerequisite to 'success'  or to be considered clever.

+1

11 hours ago, Bobbie Bobster said:

Must learn not to do airquotes when reading certain posts. My fingers are getting tired - and I'm getting strange looks!

You can't read without counting your fingers ?

if it were 'sums' it may make sense if you hadn't learned mental arithmetic at primary school:flowers:

9 hours ago, Mr Shoe said:

You must be a ex-copper :)

the Environmental Health  Officer of today was the Public health Inspector and before that  a Sanitary Inspector , with some  powers similar to a 'copper'  so you could be partly right but I did other work after LG employment:)

Archived