Well done all our A level students for getting all those As

gettafa

1 minute ago, yootalkin2me said:

Really...why so? Most kids these days have so much pressure on them to acquire top qualification grades by their parents so that they 'do well' in life but the top ones don't quite get maximum grades and disappoint their parents, other kids feel like they have to go on and be a lawyer/doctor etc but they actually don't want to do that but continue on so as to pacify their parents, then you have those that get qualificatiins then go to Uni to get a qualification for non-existent jobs. Industry/commerce is realising this and changing things so much so that they are taking on able people and putting them through training whilst in their employ...just like proper indentured apprenticeships.

Thanks.

9 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

Oh, and for the most part....qualifications and job status are no more than bragging items for smug parents.

Maybe for the parents who care.

You have no kids so that does not sit too well does it.?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

You really do sound very angry and bitter. Is it annoying you that your completely feeble attempts at trolling me are just making you and your other characters look more than a bit impotent and silly? 

Game's over silly boy.  The bottle of Mezcal is empty and in the bin.

4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Thanks.

Maybe for the parents who care.

You have no kids so that does not sit too well does it.?

I have kids, I'm not going to divulge how many (somewhere between 3 and 6), and whatever they do or don't do in life I won't be a smug cunt about it. For any of my children to do well academically and vocationally isn't a particularly big stretch for them as they're pretty smart, have a loving stable home life, have adequate funds etc etc, had they been born in poverty and considered as thick as fuck at birth but then became doctors or such like then yes, that would be something to be chuffed about.

2 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

I have kids, I'm not going to divulge how many (somewhere between 3 and 6), and whatever they do or don't do in life I won't be a smug cunt about it. For any of my children to do well academically and vocationally isn't a particularly big stretch for them as they're pretty smart, have a loving stable home life, have adequate funds etc etc, had they been born in poverty and considered as thick as fuck at birth but then became doctors or such like then yes, that would be something to be chuffed about.

Don't forget to renew your prescription then eh ?

36 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

The sock drawer is literally busting now. Where’s Mr Sausages? At least people think he’s funny. All your others have gone very stale. You’re clearly getting old and past it - you’ll probably be getting an MF MARS payment soon so you can be officially redundant on the Forum and can get a grant to re-train as a proper troll down the training centre.   

Can anyone tell me what cheese-dick here is on about? This is the second mention of socks he/she has made to me and I genuinely have no clue what he/she is on about.  

38 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

You really do sound very angry and bitter. Is it annoying you that your completely feeble attempts at trolling me are just making you and your other characters look more than a bit impotent and silly? 

Does he think I am you Bobbie?

8 minutes ago, chancer said:

Can anyone tell me what cheese-dick here is on about? This is the second mention of socks he/she has made to me and I genuinely have no clue what he/she is on about.  

Jesus grow some self respect you’re embarrassing yourself. Even I’m feeling sorry for you and your pathetic attempts at piss poor trolling. It’s not even funny it’s just sad and pitiful to be honest. Have you found anymore crabs yet with your genital crab comb? 

7 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Jesus grow some self respect you’re embarrassing yourself. Even I’m feeling sorry for you and your pathetic attempts at piss poor trolling. It’s not even funny it’s just sad and pitiful to be honest. Have you found anymore crabs yet with your genital crab comb? 

Like a lot of forum gobshites, and let’s be clear - that is what you are, as soon as someone challenges your small-minded pessimistic outlook on life you try to divert attention away by accusing them of trolling.  I will continue to challenge Manx Crabism as I see fit.

9 hours ago, yootalkin2me said:

It’s amazing how you keep the smugness in check. 

9 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

Thank you, that is very much appreciated. There's no smugness, just stating facts. 

What that everything your brilliant  children  will achieve is due to the genetics they inherited from you or the environment you raised them in and the materially resources you provided? Stay humble!

50 minutes ago, Declan said:

What that everything your brilliant  children  will achieve is due to the genetics they inherited from you or the environment you raised them in and the materially resources you provided? Stay humble!

I've not said that at all. All I have said is that due to their environment and nurturing they should do well and that that would not be something astounding by way of achievement and that had they been born into poverty and not been nurtured but yet still done well then that would be a significant achievement....not smug in the slightest. It's a bit like a parent gushing over the fact that their small infant child had started walking, what's the big deal, if they were born with normal legs and encouraged to walk then this is not much of an achievement and not worth being vocal about but had they been born with deformed legs and not encouraged to walk then it would be a massive achievement and well worth shouting about.

Should my children not do well in life, then that would be a disappointment and my wife and I would no doubt be partly to blame for failing them in some way or another.

Archived