Well done all our A level students for getting all those As

gettafa

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I agree .Nobody was berating the kids, just the system that relies on our kids being clever

Big industry and big bucks( and that’s not for the kids either)

It's not so much the system relying on kids being clever, quite the opposite in fact. The education system is merely a factory for churning out compliant, parrot fashion learning wage slaves.

An education qualification these days represents a level at which people are able regurgitate information they copied and pasted, much the same as HNCs, degrees etc. People are rarely able to actually do the job at the level they have qualificatiins for. I know plenty of people whom are very well qualified but have trouble tying their shoelaces (slight exaggeration there but you see my point).

Just now, Bobbie Bobster said:

Drink!

Ooh, starting to feel a bit queasy.

Queasy? You’ve probably shat your pants laughing at how ‘witty’ you’ve been above as you seem to be the only one currently laughing at your ‘jokes’. Still I suppose it keeps you amused as you’re certainly not amusing anyone else. 

4 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Yes let’s berate people for wanting to educate themselves. They might even go to Uni and see a bit of the world and not come back to this increasingly depressing Island that’s being held back be a heavy layer of civil servants who don’t have 4 o’levels to rub together but are robbing it blind. 

King crab is crabbing again. Give it a rest or fuck off and live somewhere else that meets your obviously higher standards.

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Queasy? You’ve probably shat your pants laughing at how ‘witty’ you’ve been above as you seem to be the only one currently laughing at your ‘jokes’. Still I suppose it keeps you amused as you’re certainly not amusing anyone else. 

Drink!

The rules of this game might need a rethink.

hic.

3 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

It's not so much the system relying on kids being clever, quite the opposite in fact. The education system is merely a factory for churning out compliant, parrot fashion learning wage slaves.

An education qualification these days represents a level at which people are able regurgitate information they copied and pasted, much the same as HNCs, degrees etc. People are rarely able to actually do the job at the level they have qualificatiins for. I know plenty of people whom are very well qualified but have trouble tying their shoelaces (slight exaggeration there but you see my point).

Knob.

5 minutes ago, chancer said:

King crab is crabbing again. Give it a rest or fuck off and live somewhere else that meets your obviously higher standards.

The sock drawer is literally busting now. Where’s Mr Sausages? At least people think he’s funny. All your others have gone very stale. You’re clearly getting old and past it - you’ll probably be getting an MF MARS payment soon so you can be officially redundant on the Forum and can get a grant to re-train as a proper troll down the training centre.   

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:
5 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Well I'm Cock-a-hoop as it looks like we'll be having a medic somewhere in the family who's off to bonny Edinburgh.

Real medicine or TCM ?

As Tim Minchin would put it: medicine.

By definition (I begin), alternative medicine (I continue) has either not been proved to work or been proved not to work. Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work? Medicine.

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

The sock drawer is literally busting now. Where’s Mr Sausages? At least people think he’s funny. All your others have gone very stale. You’re probably getting old and past it - you’ll probably be getting an MF MARS payment soon so you can be officially redundant and can get a grant to re-train as a troll down the training centre.   

OK, I'm suspending The Sultana Drinking Game for a rules change - it's no fun when you're in danger of getting totally knackered in less than 5 minutes of titular posting.

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Knob.

Really...why so? Most kids these days have so much pressure on them to acquire top qualification grades by their parents so that they 'do well' in life but the top ones don't quite get maximum grades and disappoint their parents, other kids feel like they have to go on and be a lawyer/doctor etc but they actually don't want to do that but continue on so as to pacify their parents, then you have those that get qualificatiins then go to Uni to get a qualification for non-existent jobs. Industry/commerce is realising this and changing things so much so that they are taking on able people and putting them through training whilst in their employ...just like proper indentured apprenticeships.

Just now, Bobbie Bobster said:

OK, I'm suspending The Sultana Drinking Game for a rules change - it's no fun when you're in danger of getting totally knackered in less than 5 minutes of titular posting.

You really do sound very angry and bitter. Is it annoying you that your completely feeble attempts at trolling me are just making you and your other characters look more than a bit impotent and silly? 

Archived