Well done all our A level students for getting all those As

gettafa

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I thought sock puppetry had been banned? Yet you immediately deliver an unsurprising reply to comments made to ‘another’ poster. Yet another unfunny broken record poster and incredibly poor troll exposes themselves. 

are you trying to imply that I am also Bobbie Bobster?

51 minutes ago, Gladys said:

He is also now decided to go for a 'proper' degree despite having had an unconditional offer since February for a very valid, but probably not very portable, degree.

The whole process is so much more about selling now than when I went to Uni. You are now woo'd,  given unconditional offers and a sweatshirt. It is business, but let's not allow that to denigrate the achievement of the exam results. 

Well done the young fella of course.

It seems generally the only condition from the 'Universities' these days is 'will we get our money'. Give us the money and we'll give you a degree.

Simplified and cynical I admit, but nonetheless valid.

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It’s hard to tell one truly awful, repetitive, unfunny, troll who use exactly the same word and phrases to attack exactly the same posters from the other ;)

Have you always been such an angry man?

8 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

There are more sock puppets now, than before they were banned. Unbelievable but true.

This forum is not better for the so called ban

It’s obvious. I’d say someone is the clearly the current MF sock puppet king from the boring repetitive trolling that even contains the same words and phrases. But let’s face it little funny or interesting happens on here any more anyway. Just a few humorless forum has-been’s amusing themselves thinking they are funny to themselves while everyone else just laughs and moves on to better content on Facebook or Twitter. It’s quite sad. 

1 minute ago, thesultanofsheight said:

It’s obvious. I’d say someone is the clearly the current MF sock puppet king from the boring repetitive trolling that even contains the same words and phrases. But let’s face it little funny or interesting happens on here any more anyway. Just a few humorless forum has-been’s amusing themselves thinking they are funny to themselves while everyone else just laughs and moves on. It’s sad really. 

Very sad and is the greasing of the slippery slope for the forum if you ask me. ( not that anyone would, but it sounds good)

58 minutes ago, Gladys said:

He is also now decided to go for a 'proper' degree despite having had an unconditional offer since February for a very valid, but probably not very portable, degree.

The whole process is so much more about selling now than when I went to Uni. You are now woo'd,  given unconditional offers and a sweatshirt. It is business, but let's not allow that to denigrate the achievement of the exam results. 

Up-clearing, or something, when those that do better than expected ditch their offer and go for something else. Heard about it for the first time today  

I approve of proper degrees. My eldest went to do one on an unconditional a couple of years ago. As a consequence of the unconditional she took her foot off the gas with her A-levels and didn’t get what she could have. Not that it matters now 2/3 of the way through her course at Birmingham. Middle child was sweating on results today with an ABB offer for a proper degree at York. He worked bloody hard, and like you I’m a proud parent today since he got in to do Maths/Computing joint honours. 

I did similar A levels 30 years ago, so I’m reasonably confident in saying they’ve not been dumbed down in terms of content. Grades may have inflated to a certain extent, but since we’re only comparing within years it doesn’t really matter if a kid today gets better grades than I did then. Not that they will :thumbsup:.

I have some sympathy with the OP’s point about unis making money, and chancellors getting 500K salaries, but I don’t think the system we have here, or in the UK, is that bad in terms of funding. 

Archived