Trouble at Okells

fredtosser

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, finlo said:

Maybe we'll get some decent beer now!

Is this a piss take? It upsets me to defend the brewery, but their beer is so much better now than it used to be. The MPA, as I've mentioned a lot, is tremendous, their bitter is perfectly drinkable and the 3 bottled beers are all excellent. Strangely though, the 1907 and IPA, while great bottled are not so great on draft. Not really sure how the 1907 can even be described as the same beer, 6.1% in bottle, 4.5% on draft.

Edit - Maclir doesn't seem to be around anymore, but it was very nice.

19 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Is this a piss take? It upsets me to defend the brewery, but their beer is so much better now than it used to be. The MPA, as I've mentioned a lot, is tremendous, their bitter is perfectly drinkable and the 3 bottled beers are all excellent. Strangely though, the 1907 and IPA, while great bottled are not so great on draft. Not really sure how the 1907 can even be described as the same beer, 6.1% in bottle, 4.5% on draft.

Yes!

Hi all

I am the ex Head brewer at Okells  it was a management decision that made all the Brewing staff resign, all the other staff felt they could not work with this new arrangement . May you all enjoy the new Okells beer, I am sure it will be to your satisfaction

1 minute ago, alpha-acid said:

Thought that loved Bushys and hate Okells, you would not want Bushys to taste like Okells surely

A good brewer is a good brewer. It's all about local brews and local people and local pubs IMO.

Dr Okells will be spinning in his grave knowing what his descendants have done to his dream.

Archived