Trouble at Okells

fredtosser

Just now, finlo said:

Not enough profit margin, it's better to import budget lager and tout it as premium.

Aged spirits need time to mature. Whisky is 3 yrs and a day. Even a good aged gin will be in the cask for at least 6 months. Vodka, gin and white rum can be produced quickly and therefore the cash flow perks up really quickly. Fynoderee has done a great job on the Gin, and Seven Kingdom is ticking along nicely too.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Aged spirits need time to mature. Whisky is 3 yrs and a day. Even a good aged gin will be in the cask for at least 6 months. Vodka, gin and white rum can be produced quickly and therefore the cash flow perks up really quickly. Fynoderee has done a great job on the Gin, and Seven Kingdom is ticking along nicely too.

I think the last pint of Okell's bitter I got served had been in the lines for 6 months...

2 hours ago, finlo said:

Not enough profit margin, it's better to import budget lager and tout it as premium.

When German bear started becoming all the rage and was being imported (or rather brewed on licence) I remember Greenhall's brought out a lager called Grunhälle.

Fooled me, but to be fair I was just a kid and would drink anything back then including Skol.

Didn't the Brewery do Labatts on licence. That was as week as maiden's water and tasted more akin to cat pish.

9 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Didn't the Brewery do Labatts on licence. That was as week as maiden's water and tasted more akin to cat pish.

And the "Cooil" locally brewed lager.

7 minutes ago, kevster said:

Is there any reliable source for this?

such as a press release

Go back a couple of pages where alpha acid has posted. Not a press release, but horses mouth.

RIP Okells from the head brewer 

From looking at that twitter feed it appears that Okells have appointed a new head brewer who used to work there and that no one likes.

27 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Go back a couple of pages where alpha acid has posted. Not a press release, but horses mouth.

RIP Okells from the head brewer 

From looking at that twitter feed it appears that Okells have appointed a new head brewer who used to work there and that no one likes.

Still nothing official though 

Archived