Trouble at Okells

fredtosser

Ex Head Brewer Mike Cowbourne is whipping up a storm on Twitter to the effect all the brewing staff have resigned to the effect he states...

Indeed a doubt the Brewery side of H+B. ie Okells will survive, everybody get used to drinking imported beer, so sad in existence since 1850”

Seems to be a very undignified end. The brewing was the one saving grace to the increasingly bland pub offering. Always frustrating that the H&B pub estate in the U.K. seems to be run to a higher standard.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has an account on here I think. Maybe he'll pop in to say hello.

I thought he'd been tying to retire for a while, certainly the job of head brewer had been advertised at some point in the recent past. The requirements to apply though were wild. 

i absolutely love the MPA and hope that someone down there is capable of brewing it! 

10 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

He has an account on here I think. Maybe he'll pop in to say hello.

I thought he'd been tying to retire for a while, certainly the job of head brewer had been advertised at some point in the recent past. The requirements to apply though were wild. 

i absolutely love the MPA and hope that someone down there is capable of brewing it! 

anyone can bottle piss.

Archived