Rob Callister

La Colombe

I am now having an identity crisis....who am I supposed to be. ?    I have posted on this forum for a good while now long before Rob was an MHK and became an object for derision.   I have one account and up to now have never traded insults with any member but Linz just annoys me with the shite he comes out with, however I will not be stooping to his level again.    His paranoia can reign supreme.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I am now having an identity crisis....who am I supposed to be. ?    I have posted on this forum for a good while now long before Rob was an MHK and became an object for derision.   I have one account and up to now have never traded insults with any member but Linz just annoys me with the shite he comes out with, however I will not be stooping to his level again.    His paranoia can reign supreme.

Perhaps you should just be nicer? 

You’re only getting back what you dish out knobhead. 

Edited by Linz

2 minutes ago, Kitten Mittens said:

And what about those who choose not to 'dish out', yet still have to witness your insufferable posts?

Insufferable? Most of the posters on here seem to be frustrated late middle aged men who have a clear problem with alcohol abuse most evenings I’d say from their boring and repetitive ranting posts. They are very insufferable indeed. I don’t really care what you think of my posts on that basis as it’s hardly worth posting on here and I do so very infrequently. It seems that there is a really awful clique of posters (who in all likelihood are probably the same poster anyway) who just don’t like to hear alternative views to their own. I’ve made a few hundred posts here in total and yet it seems that for years people have had to wade through the thousands and thousands of Neil Down’s and Dilligaf’s angry boring shitposts. They’re just behaving like children as someone is prepared to push back on their pathetic posts. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Linz said:

Insufferable? Most of the posters on here seem to be frustrated late middle aged men who have a clear problem with alcohol abuse most evenings I’d say from their boring and repetitive ranting posts. They are very insufferable indeed. I don’t really care what you think of my posts on that basis as it’s hardly worth posting on here and I do so very infrequently. It seems that there is a really awful clique of posters (who in all likelihood are probably the same poster anyway) who just don’t like to hear alternative views to their own. I’ve made a few hundred posts here in total and yet it seems that for years people have had to wade through the thousands and thousands of Neil Down’s and Dilligaf’s angry boring shitposts. They’re just behaving like children as someone is prepared to push back on their pathetic posts. 

I don't want this next question to be mistaken for an argument, because my aim isn't to be argumentative. I ask with an element of genuine inquisitiveness, do you not feel that perhaps at times (somewhat regularly too) you instigate it?

Remember I'm fairly new, so I absolutely can't pinpoint where historically down the line the 'feud' started or even how it started.

3 minutes ago, Kitten Mittens said:

I don't want this next question to be mistaken for an argument, because my aim isn't to be argumentative. I ask with an element of genuine inquisitiveness, do you not feel that perhaps at times (somewhat regularly too) you instigate it?

Remember I'm fairly new, so I absolutely can't pinpoint where historically down the line the 'feud' started or even how it started.

There isn’t any feud. They started picking on me and ganging up on me after I challenged them on a few posts so they got it back. I’m not taking any crap off recreational drinkers and keyboard warriors. I’m quite happy reading these boards rather than commenting most days. But if they want to start throwing it around I’m not the sort of person to back down. This Forum is pretty awful to be honest. It’s full of dysfunctional people who obviously have no power or control in their real lives living out drunken online fantasies that they’re important. That’s pretty much it. 

5 minutes ago, Linz said:

There isn’t any feud. They started picking on me and ganging up on me after I challenged them on a few posts so they got it back. I’m not taking any crap off recreational drinkers and keyboard warriors. I’m quite happy reading these boards rather than commenting most days. But if they want to start throwing it around I’m not the sort of person to back down. This Forum is pretty awful to be honest. It’s full of dysfunctional people who obviously have no power or control in their real lives living out drunken online fantasies that they’re important. That’s pretty much it. 

I must applaud you for cleverly keeping to the theme of this 'Rob Callister' thread by expertly avoiding my question

1 minute ago, Kitten Mittens said:

I must applaud you for cleverly keeping to the theme of this 'Rob Callister' thread by expertly avoiding my question

What question have I avoided? No I dont think I instigate it as I only post in response to the rubbish they post. Then it escalates as they dont like it and start angrily shitposting and insulting. Last night was a classic example. As I said this Forum is pretty awful to be honest and full of dysfunctional people living out drunken online fantasies that they’re important. If they don’t like me pointing that out it’s their problem. I’m sure Neil Down especially must be a complete loser in real life looking at his past posts. Who has that much time on their hands week in and week out to post so little of substance and just wind people up for no reason at all? 

5 hours ago, piebaps said:

He's got a few questions down for Tynwald this week including this

"How many Apply for Hire Plates were in circulation in the last five years; and how many of these are active?"

I presume he means "ply" for hire.

Those are certainly odd questions; and squeezing 11 into one sitting when I dont think he managed 11 questions for all of last year. It’s predictable stuff though. The NHS taxi contract, more stuff about taxis and taxi plates. Amazingly not really anything on the Post Office strike after last weeks emergency question which he grandstanded about and which was subsequently answered competently so he couldn’t leverage it politically. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Those are certainly odd questions; and squeezing 11 into one sitting when I dont think he managed 11 questions for all of last year. It’s predictable stuff though. The NHS taxi contract, more stuff about taxis and taxi plates. Amazingly not really anything on the Post Office strike after last weeks emergency question which he grandstanded about and which was subsequently answered competently so he couldn’t leverage it politically. 

He's asking that urgent question on the post office tomorrow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

He's asking that urgent question on the post office tomorrow.

Ok I’m confused then. I bought the Manx Indy before and the Post Office contingency plans are explained in there. So I assumed the question had been answered. So why is he asking a question in Tynwald when he could just read the paper? 

4 hours ago, hissingsid said:

So what you are saying is that because you posted on here before Rob Callister was elected (or not elected as was the case with the commissioners) you can't possibly be Rob Callister because Rob Callister would have no reason to post on here given Rob Callister was not interested in politics until Rob Callister became a commissioner? 

7 hours ago, piebaps said:

He's got a few questions down for Tynwald this week including this

"How many Apply for Hire Plates were in circulation in the last five years; and how many of these are active?"

I presume he means "ply" for hire.

The answers are hundreds and hundreds

. That is why the taxi trade is fucked compared to 15-20 years ago,