Rob Callister

La Colombe

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Nor should he be he wasn’t given a chance and the three that complained about him are as useful as chocolate fireguards.

They seem pretty sound by comparison.

In any sort of normal system someone like him would not even be on the parish council. Let alone it being an actual salaried position paying almost double the UK average wage.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

They seem pretty sound by comparison.

In any sort of normal system someone like him would not even be on the parish council. Let alone it being an actual salaried position paying almost double the UK average wage.

The claims about his mental health being affected by this one sacking seem fairly outrageous given that he’s been sacked or asked to leave just about every job he’s ever had. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Not taking the urine but everywhere i look in print someone is holding up "Mental Health" issues as a get out of gaol/ sympathy grab, from drunks in court to our esteemed politicians.

Are they actually mentally ill or  just hinting enough to sail close to grab a lower sentence/ sympathy without the need of Psychiatric care ?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, joebean said:

If anyone enters politics and sets out their stall so egotistically and then complains that their mental health has been impacted by a setback, they don’t really deserve much sympathy. It’s politics. Even here. 

Did Callister though?  I can't see anything recent on his Facebook about his sacking except this:

It was also during the cruise when the Chief Minister asked me to take on the role of Health and Social Care Minister, and if I had realised at the time the events that would unfold over the next five weeks I would have declined the offer.

I genuinely enjoyed the opportunity to be the island’s Health and Social Care Minister and I met some amazing people in my short time, who wanted to see things change for the better, but unfortunately I now have to wait to see what the investigation has to say in respect of my sacking in November…

As the saying goes “It is better to try and fail than never to try at all” - from my own point of view I don’t believe I did fail, I just wasn’t given a fair opportunity by the Chief Minister to address some very difficult operational issues. More on this item in January or early February when the investigation report is published.

Given such a difficult year for so many people, my own personal highs and lows in 2022 are insignificant compared to the suffering that many people experienced over the past 12 months.

Otherwise it's just the usual Callister thing of telling you stuff you knew anyway (the Queen's dead apparently).

21 hours ago, hissingsid said:

'the three that complained about him...' 

...You mean the 3 Witches of which Alf is obviously under THEIR spell... Alf is obviously a very weak leader and should have stood up to them, sadly he chose the easy way out by losing 1 not 3.

1 minute ago, Last Ten said:

...You mean the 3 Witches of which Alf is obviously under THEIR spell... 

How mental are you? They are women that are equal, at least 2 of whom have much better academic and business credentials than Rob Callister and I would probably err on the side that each one would have their head better screwed on than Rob.

• Like 1