Tynwald Mills Bears Having Sex

La Colombe

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, x-in-man said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4681002/christmas-display-polar-bears/

went global days ago, even had an outcome.  Expect a HIGNFY airing.  Pity about the UK Mall bit, still, those Canadians eh!?

It's interesting that a Manx news story can go viral around the world, having started on local social media at the weekend, before the actual 'proper' media in the Island gets round to noticing it.  Though I suppose it's possible that Tynwald Mills has done this obvious attention-grabbing[1] instead of paying for their normal Christmas advertising and the locals are pointedly ignoring it in revenge.

[1]  There's a lot of manufactured-outrage-as-marketing around at the moment - see the M&S lingerie display fuss for example.

12 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

...I suppose it's possible that Tynwald Mills has done this obvious attention-grabbing instead of paying for their normal Christmas advertising...

It wasn't the store, it was a couple of "members" of the public who rearranged a previously innocuous display for a laugh.

The perpetrators are known to me, but I wasn't one of them. I really wish I had been, though.

Shame they weren’t ice skating polar bears, but I suspect that couldn’t get round planning or NIMBY residents.  

Still, the world wide avdvertising will bring in millions of shoppers the ‘mall’ now.

All Douglas needs to do now is find the fossil remains of an angel under the prom and all our tourism figures are through the roof.

Archived