Isle of Man Prison - reality TV

slinkydevil

Unbelievable! Even Howard Quayle doesn't actually believe this story that we are being taken in by!

With the opprobrium heaped here on him, where does that leave us cognoscenti here on MF? Lower than HQ in IQ? Don't anyone ever again critisise HQ for his bumbling farmer Giles manner.

HQ has now tweeted that he didn't believe this ever, he only played along with it to get the bozos on MF going!!!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is desperate publicity seeking by a few individuals within DHA that are so far removed from reality themselves that they believe that the general public can be convinced that the liberal prison regime here is a great advance and the IOM is a forward thinking jurisdiction. The true reality is that the Criminal Justice is broken and panders to offenders within a system that has forgotten its core purpose; to protect the public and provide reinforcement of being law-abiding. I have no doubt we will see a focus on the needs of offenders, with prisoners being given "privileges" as the norm and a regime mostly geared towards creating a comfortable and non-confrontational environment for staff and prisoners alike. We can be certain that someone will trot out the "loss of liberty is the punishment not the prison regime" line that reflects the thinking that has removed authority from prison staff and control in prison regimes for the last 30+ years. With all this new thinking we should expect to see less people in jail, safer prisons and less repeat offending. The truth is entirely the opposite. This series will serve only to make the IOM appear as feeble and cowardly as everyone else.

"And this week in Island Prison we see how Martin who is serving 2 weeks for stealing milk from his neighbour spends his day entering holiday competitions in Take a Break magazine, and all hell breaks out when Dave has his bottle of Au Sauvage stolen whist he was out doing community work at the local farm shop". This is life at its toughest - this is Island Prison!"

On 12/3/2018 at 12:36 PM, yootalkin2me said:

Reality TV will continue to be appealing to the masses, it appeals to the voyeur in most people, however, Why anyone gives a fuck about prisoners is beyond me....but hen again all reality TV is beyond my understanding as to why people watch it....Made in Chelsea is an example of semi-scripted reality TV that baffles me completely.

What does "voyeur" mean ?

On 12/3/2018 at 2:30 PM, Manx Bean said:

This has all the markings of a Malarkey malarkey. Seriously though - this will make us look like a complete bunch on numpties...not exactly a hard core prison environment up at the Jurby Hilton is it?

But Jurby  does / did have space rockets / shuttles up there, and we where the 5th likely nation to go to the moon, sounds like a good tv series to me, ( but probably not a "Start Treck Moment" )  !

On 12/3/2018 at 9:20 PM, Last Ten said:

Marlarkey must have agreed to this farcical situation and he now needs to justify why he allowed it and if our Government has some editorial rights over this programme, will these idiots ever get anything right, we will be a bloody laughing stock if this is true.

All in the name of "The isle of Man Filming industry, Cue "Mrs Beecroft " in Tynwald next week !!

22 hours ago, LightBulb said:

But Jurby  does / did have space rockets / shuttles up there, and we where the 5th likely nation to go to the moon, sounds like a good tv series to me, ( but probably not a "Start Treck Moment" )  !

It’s been done before. Fantasy Island already ran for many successful series in the 1970’s. 

Allan Bell and Alex Downie. 

0FC59FD1-A164-4FDE-85CB-B2B27AD71FC7.jpeg

Archived