The 'Trans' Issue.

quilp

4 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Don't play the gay card on this one to support your theory.

People have the right to do what they want (within the law) and to that extent, I could care less what they do. However, when they try and teach this in primary schools then it's time to draw the line. It's at this point it becomes "anyone else's business"

What is wrong with this being taught in primary schools?  

• Like 1

The trans "issue" is extremely complex and I do not pretend to be an expert.  What I would say though is that we are far from having dealt with homophobia;

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7897099/Lesbian-woman-20-left-bloodied-bruised-battered-floor.html 

It is disgraceful that we cannot just accept others for who they are.  What right to homophobic thugs have to go around imposing their "ideology" on others simply because they are different?

57 minutes ago, Grounds Keeper Willy said:

But it’s the exact same issue as the gay issue. People complained when they started teaching about same sex relationships in schools too. Children will be affected just like children might feel they might be gay and confused by it so why shouldn’t awareness be made in schools? All it boils down to is that you personally don’t like something. 

Not just me though is it. I would be more comfortable with the whole process if they left the informing until secondary school at the earliest

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Yes.  Why don't you want kids in primary school learning about LGBTQ people?

Mainly because between the ages of 5 and 10 they are too young. I know of several parents who are not happy starting off at that age. Not just LGBTQ but also sex education. Let children be children for heavens sake.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Neil Down said:

Mainly because between the ages of 5 and 10 they are too young. I know of several parents who are not happy starting off at that age. Not just LGBTQ but also sex education. Let children be children for heavens sake.

You have know idea what you are talking about.  They aren't showing 6 years olds how to put on condoms or what lube to use.

As Declan said, they are teaching kids why some kids have two dads or a daddy that is now a mummy.

13 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

You have know idea what you are talking about.  They aren't showing 6 years olds how to put on condoms or what lube to use.

As Declan said, they are teaching kids why some kids have two dads or a daddy that is now a mummy.

Blissful in your own ignorance

22 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Children are taught to be heterosexuals from a very young age given the stories that they read of men and women falling in love and getting married, etc.  Disney films are one example.  Sexuality isn't all about sex.  Homosexuality has never had any mention until recently. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, La_Dolce_Vita said:

Children are taught to be heterosexuals from a very young age given the stories that they read of men and women falling in love and getting married, etc.  Disney films are one example.  Sexuality isn't all about sex.  Homosexuality has never had any mention until recently. 

I personally remember bullying classmates for being "creepy" or "gay".  Some of those classmates have subsequently come out as being homosexual and I deeply regret my actions.  I have been fortunate enough to have realised the error of my ways and have some very good friends who are gay.  Perhaps if I had been taught in primary school that some people are different and it is okay for men to love men and women to love women then perhaps I would have understood and classmates would not have been subjected to bullying. 

In high school it can be too late especially around puberty to start delivering these messages.  

• Like 1