Posties Driving Allowance

nelwd

28 minutes ago, The Central Scrutiniser said:

I see you paid attention in maths class. Well done.

Thank you it's not an exact answer but strangely quite accurate - now stop avoiding the question and tell us how many paid weeks a year you and your militant unionist chums actually receive - don't try and swerve it with "it's a rota' week off etc etc"

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, The Central Scrutiniser said:

I'm not in any union. I'm retired. All the information is in my previous answer. It is very simple mathematics.

Ahh I failed to see you back tracked and edited your post after I had asked the question.

I don't think you are retired you popped up here when the deludeds were striking said you were retired, then said you don't want to give out info on Social Media because it's frowned upon ???? Are you in or are you out.

This weeks 2 day strike hasn't inconvenienced anyone but themselves.

2 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Thank you it's not an exact answer but strangely quite accurate - now stop avoiding the question and tell us how many paid weeks a year you and your militant unionist chums actually receive - don't try and swerve it with "it's a rota' week off etc etc"

Calm down Maggie. Posties with less than ten years service get 4 weeks paid holiday per year. For the other 48 weeks of the year they work, and get paid for an average of 35 hours work.

Perhaps nelwd could give you some private maths tuition during his/her 14 weeks paid holiday?

11 minutes ago, Chris C said:

Calm down Maggie. Posties with less than ten years service get 4 weeks paid holiday per year. For the other 48 weeks of the year they work, and get paid for an average of 35 hours work.

Perhaps nelwd could give you some private maths tuition during his/her 14 weeks paid holiday?

Brilliant - another Govt worker outs themselves.....

It is possible to work additional minutes / hours / days without a fuss - it's called the Private Sector.

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Brilliant - another Govt worker outs themselves.....

It is possible to work additional minutes / hours / days without a fuss - it's called the Private Sector.

Looking at most of your posts, I doubt any employer would be daft enough to employ you

Yes I work in the private sector. Do I sometimes work minutes/ hours / days without a fuss (although I suspect you mean without pay)? Yes I do, it's part of what I see as a give and take relationship with my employer, so I am happy to do so. Would I do it if my employer had treated me the same way the PO has treated the posties, would I fook.

17 hours ago, The Central Scrutiniser said:

It's 4 weeks up to 10 years service. 5 after 10 years, then 6 after 15 years.

Not to be confused with the additional 1 week in 6 rest week. This because postmen are contracted for a 35 hour week. They actually work 43.5 (I think). so the accumulated excess hours are taken in lieu.

So if the postpeople are contracted for a 35 hour week, then presumably the Post Office Management are well within their right not to require them for the additional 8.5 hours??? You can't guarantee overtime???

18 minutes ago, andrew said:

So if the postpeople are contracted for a 35 hour week, then presumably the Post Office Management are well within their right not to require them for the additional 8.5 hours??? You can't guarantee overtime???

It's not overtime. They work an average of 35 hours per week, some weeks that is 43.5hrs some weeks that is 0 hours. Is it really so difficult to understand?

1 hour ago, Chris C said:

It's not overtime. They work an average of 35 hours per week, some weeks that is 43.5hrs some weeks that is 0 hours. Is it really so difficult to understand?

Unless you are a postman or have in depth knowledge, then there is little information out there about what a Postman currently earns/benefits/hours/overtime/hours worked etc, verses under the new proposals.

Archived