Posties Driving Allowance

nelwd

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, P.K. said:

Please don't tell me that the Yodel business is being subbed to the PO with a middleman creaming it...?

I doubt the 'middleman' will be creaming it. That type of business is very, very competitive. The way you make it pay is to have lots of the same type of business (volume) so that you get the maximum return on the assets employed; mostly a depot, vehicles, IT etc., all of which IOMPO has but seems incapable of securing for some reason. 

10 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

I doubt the 'middleman' will be creaming it. That type of business is very, very competitive. The way you make it pay is to have lots of the same type of business (volume) so that you get the maximum return on the assets employed; mostly a depot, vehicles, IT etc., all of which IOMPO has but seems incapable of securing for some reason. 

I very much took your point that the PO should always be the front runner simply because of the infrastructure and backing. As you say not so it would seem.

So it seems to me looking at the costs of the delivery folks is just far too simplistic. There has been a large increase in business volume so why haven't they expanded with it? That is a question for the "management team" to answer and take responsibility for....

Archived