Car Transporter Trailer required to hire or borrow

John Wright

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, woody2 said:

yawn......

he was done because the brake servo isn't powered...........

So nothing to do with A frame per se. You claimed A frames were only legal to tow from breakdown to a garage. Not true.

23 hours ago, woody2 said:

doesn't matter.....a-frame is only to be used to the nearest safe place........ hardly see it in the uk now........mate of mine got a big fine........

That’s what you said. It’s incorrect. But you can’t admit it.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

Who from, Albert? That’s why I posted.

From the UK. Drive over...bring trailer back from the UK...pick up car and take a spare driver. Fix car and bring it back. Leave trailer in UK and drive both cars back on ferry. Minimise the fares taking advantage of offers.

15 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

From the UK. Drive over...bring trailer back from the UK...pick up car and take a spare driver. Fix car and bring it back. Leave trailer in UK and drive both cars back on ferry. Minimise the fares taking advantage of offers.

That’s a last resort, it’s much more expensive, extra journies and fares and a lot more time. But thanks.

If I can get the trailer here it’s one steam Packet return car trailer and driver.

If I rent in UK it’s a double return plus a single plus a second driver. Car over, back with trailer, over with car and trailer, return with car plus inward for the Mazda.

its getting to the stage it’d be cheaper to have it taken down unaccompanied on a flatbed and then fly to Gatwick and train to Portsmouth and drive back.

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

That’s a last resort, it’s much more expensive, extra journies and fares and a lot more time. But thanks.

If I can get the trailer here it’s one steam Packet return car trailer and driver.

If I rent in UK it’s a double return plus a single plus a second driver. Car over, back with trailer, over with car and trailer, return with car plus inward for the Mazda.

its getting to the stage it’d be cheaper to have it taken down unaccompanied on a flatbed and then fly to Gatwick and train to Portsmouth and drive back.

Spreadsheet the options.

There's a handful of people that have these over here...I tried 3 for you - all too loathed to lend them out.

16 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Spreadsheet the options.

There's a handful of people that have these over here...I tried 3 for you - all too loathed to lend them out.

I have done. Thanks for your efforts Albert. It’s more than the car is worth, frankly. But hey, it’s in great condition, fun to drive when it has the new engine, and is to be used for drift racing, I think, once completed.

I also have to factor in fatigue. The trip to UK and back, to pick up the trailer would need me to rest for a day to recover before going back, etc.

53 minutes ago, quilp said:

TEDS TRAILERS Liverpool. Online... 

Thanks Q. And AT. You’ve helped me think outside the box.

Teds don’t do car transporter trailer hire anymore. However found a hire firm in St Helens. £40 a day.

And a mate will pick it up, bring it over, and I’ll go back with him, his car, the trailer and Mazda.

He’s going to drive us down to Portsmouth, then return the trailer. I stay in Portsmouth and bring the Mazda back under its own steam 48 hours later.

Sorted.

Archived