Manx students go on strike

SJR

I think the time has come when Social Services need to be getting involved in the brainwashing of our young children.Plus the Education and Environment Ministers need to grow a pair.When the population of the World is expected to grow by 25% over the next few years and the Clowns in Tynwald want our Island to take in 50% more people surely the time has come to restrict population growth.Cause and effect...Just a thought...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, SJR said:

I think the time has come when Social Services need to be getting involved in the brainwashing of our young children.Plus the Education and Environment Ministers need to grow a pair.When the population of the World is expected to grow by 25% over the next few years and the Clowns in Tynwald want our Island to take in 50% more people surely the time has come to restrict population growth.Cause and effect...Just a thought...

In what way are you imagining that they are "brainwashed"?

13 minutes ago, SJR said:

Are you saying that social services should be brainwashing young children?

What's that tripe got to do with students going on strike FFS?

21 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I used to go on strike every week when it was PE.

Cross country did it for me. Could never work out why in the world they thought I would benefit from running across fields and through freezing streams in the middle of winter.

19 minutes ago, The Duck of Atholl said:

An experience of protest won't do them any harm at all. Hopefully it will get them away from the gitual world of their phones for a short time.

hahahahahahahaha, good luck with that thought

40 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Are you saying that social services should be brainwashing young children?

What's that tripe got to do with students going on strike FFS?

No, he wants the young 'uns to be sterilised.

What..They are brainwashed because they are told the World will come to an end..How can a responsible parent tell their children that and expect the IOM to make a difference when China and India open coal fired power stations monthly and our alleged carbon footprint is the sum total of a block of flats in Mumbai..

5 minutes ago, SJR said:

What..They are brainwashed because they are told the World will come to an end..

You're right. Even the co-founder of Greenpeace described the "end of the world" alarmism as child abuse.

The little chits should be in school learning how to write, read and express themselves properly.   They were probably all dropped off at school by car and are jetting off to Disney World to see a mouse in the holidays.    Load of rubbish, hope the shower of rain concentrated their brains.

I can remember being 15 and thinking I knew better than the "older people" :thumbsup:

I also remember doing cross country and getting my ciggies and matches wet crossing the effing river at Port  E Chee several times each term :angry:

Every kid attending that protest will have a vote as equal as anybody's in 2021 General Election. In fact many of them now.

Once they realise that, then expect more of this, except with a bit of power behind it.

If a Douglas MHK can get elected with less than a couple of hundred votes then you can expect a schoolkid or at least somehow forced to be sympathetic to their cause to be voted in.

That's democracy.

Oh, and Steve Rodan needs a right royal rogering for introducing votes for 16-year-olds which btw no one asked for,except his own ego.But who knows, maybe these kids could bring a better form of democracy and government to the Island.

Archived