Creameries Mild Cheddar

8 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Another f.....g comedian.....all we need.. there is a comedy class in the guild this year why don't you give it a go.....you would not win ..

Who's pissed on your chips lately. You come on here moaning about thread derailments without actually seeing the irony in what you are doing. If you don't like it keep schtum or apply to be a moderator... :flowers:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't eaten or drank dairy in years.

There exists a good business opportunity for anybody prepared to invest in local nut-based cheeses that are suitable for vegetarians, vegans, gluten free, dairy free, halal, kosher, parev, etc. You could diversify to include pizza topping, mozzarella, or mixed with berries. The nuts themselves might need to be imported but the fact that you curdify it and turn it to cheese here on the island would make it a Manx product (it's not as if cows are indigenous to the island). Perhaps nuts could be locally grown? I wouldn't know but would be interested if anybody could provide information on that.

4 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

You can forage a few hazels but in general it isn't hot enough here to grow nuts commercially. Why or indeed how on earth don't you eat cheese? Camembert is like the greatest thing ever. 

I don't eat any animal products.

It's possible to make cheese from seeds and beans as well as nuts. Anything that curdles can be turned into a cheese. It's yet another alternative use for hemp.

41 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I haven't eaten or drank dairy in years.

There exists a good business opportunity for anybody prepared to invest in local nut-based cheeses that are suitable for vegetarians, vegans, gluten free, dairy free, halal, kosher, parev, etc. You could diversify to include pizza topping, mozzarella, or mixed with berries. The nuts themselves might need to be imported but the fact that you curdify it and turn it to cheese here on the island would make it a Manx product (it's not as if cows are indigenous to the island). Perhaps nuts could be locally grown? I wouldn't know but would be interested if anybody could provide information on that.

No there doesn't

19 hours ago, Doctor Kenneth Noisewater said:

Yes that's the point. Used to be white. Last few weeks has turned to orange. Very distressing. 

I know mild cheddar is normally for kids but I am circumcised which means too strong a sensation can cause pain. 

Mild cheddar has never been white

Manx Cheshire was , & jolly good it was too

19 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

On the piss again dilli? its a 4+ year old account.

Anyway, on the subject of cheese whatever happened to the Druidale stuff? I know they tried ruining it with fruit but the plain stuff was really good. And if they wanted to stick stuff in it they should have tried ginger.

Ginger in cheese - are you fecking mad?

19 hours ago, Doctor Kenneth Noisewater said:

As had said before I've posted rarely since 2014 and have been regularly lurking many years before that. Reason I don't post often is that I would have to bite my lips too hard dealing with rogues like you, who are increasingly making this forum like wading through 40 posts of shit and snipe for the one post of genuine local opinion or fact. 

I post when I have something valuable to add, or when I have a query that real life people can't solve. 

Let's keep this thread on cheese please. 

What do you have to add that is of value?

Archived