Creameries Mild Cheddar

10 minutes ago, MrPB said:

That sort of makes sense. If I was a vegan I can’t imagine why I would want to eat something that tastes exactly like congealed animal blood when ideologically as a vegan I am against eating or using animal products. Same with sausages that taste exactly like pork sausages etc as you say. It’s just doesn’t compute. 

Because i was brought up on all the culinary delights you mention, but now i dont eat animals. So i enjoy the vegan versions. Kts not like k fidnt like the taste of meat!

But its better for the animals and i still get black puddin with me brecky! x

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PottyLisa said:

Yes it is..

Editewd to add that was in response to RS's rather crude but wholly incorrect observation re knob cheese.

sick-girl-vomiting-cartoon-vector-15010514.jpg

4 hours ago, wrighty said:

There’s a carnivore movement that wants veggie burgers and the like banned, at least their names. They’re suggesting ‘burger’ is a protected title for a product that has to contain a certain proportion of meat, and that a veggie burger should be retitled as a ‘vegetable disc’. Similar with sausages that will have to be renamed ‘vegetable cylinders’. I tend to agree. 

They're trying to get that through the EU, but it just seems silly to me.  If they're that worried about people being confused about the content of what they're eating, then surely they should also be campaigning for "meat burgers" and "meat cylinders" to make things clear.  But somehow I don't see the meat industry being that happy with such coinages.  it just comes across that they are scared of the competition and are trying to undermine it.

4 hours ago, MrPB said:

That sort of makes sense. If I was a vegan I can’t imagine why I would want to eat something that tastes exactly like congealed animal blood when ideologically as a vegan I am against eating or using animal products. Same with sausages that taste exactly like pork sausages etc as you say. It’s just doesn’t compute. 

I rather tend to agree, but I'm an omnivore.  Presumably 'ethical' vegetarians and vegans (ie those not doing it for religious, health etc reasons) feel they should still be able to get the full range of tastes available, just that there shouldn't be any bits of animals involved.  There do seem to be attempts though to take to simulation of meat to ridiculous degrees - vegiburgers that 'bleed' for example.

22 hours ago, wrighty said:

There’s a carnivore movement that wants veggie burgers and the like banned, at least their names. They’re suggesting ‘burger’ is a protected title for a product that has to contain a certain proportion of meat, and that a veggie burger should be retitled as a ‘vegetable disc’. Similar with sausages that will have to be renamed ‘vegetable cylinders’. I tend to agree. 

Classic Yes Minister moment:

Bernard Woolley: "They cannot stop us eating the British sausage, can they?" Jim Hacker: "They can stop us calling it a sausage though. Apparently it has got to be called the Emulsified High-Fat Offal Tube."

I’ve considered going veggie before but have always been lured back by the scent of frying bacon, mmmm bacon. Can any veggies confirm if things have improved lately in the production and taste of facon? This Quorn rasher things were absolutely rank up until about 5 years ago, with a smeg-like substance oozing from them when cooked 

2 hours ago, Attila said:

I’ve considered going veggie before but have always been lured back by the scent of frying bacon, mmmm bacon. Can any veggies confirm if things have improved lately in the production and taste of facon? This Quorn rasher things were absolutely rank up until about 5 years ago, with a smeg-like substance oozing from them when cooked 

Why do veggies crave for food that simulate food which they apparently abhor. Fake burgers, sausage, bacon etc. Just eat vegetables and pulses. 

2 hours ago, Attila said:

i'd considered going veggie but i like women.

12 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Why do veggies crave for food that simulate food which they apparently abhor. Fake burgers, sausage, bacon etc. Just eat vegetables and pulses. 

I don't crave any such foods.

And a burger and sausage are just generic shapes anyway. The meat from an animal is not shaped like that when it is alive.

7 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I don't crave any such foods.

And a burger and sausage are just generic shapes anyway. The meat from an animal is not shaped like that when it is alive.

What about the sausage dog then...

Archived