Creameries Mild Cheddar

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

http://www.astradyne.co.uk/cheese/

Check your cheese - FYI I am a Dolcelatte 

i have already checked Neil Down and he is a Ricotta - please advise any interesting results

Proving this online phenom is accurate Barrie Stephens is a Romano made with "Rummaging Curd"........;

Or I could even be a Gouda...

I like most cheese really, apart from goat. Big fan of the French, Epoisses is amazing. Remember when they had that continental market on the prom the first time? There was a french cheese wagon, it stank, I spent about £50. 

5 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

I haven't eaten or drank dairy in years.

There exists a good business opportunity for anybody prepared to invest in local nut-based cheeses that are suitable for vegetarians, vegans, gluten free, dairy free, halal, kosher, parev, etc. You could diversify to include pizza topping, mozzarella, or mixed with berries. The nuts themselves might need to be imported but the fact that you curdify it and turn it to cheese here on the island would make it a Manx product (it's not as if cows are indigenous to the island). Perhaps nuts could be locally grown? I wouldn't know but would be interested if anybody could provide information on that.

There are some excellent vegan options now, especially online. Top banana have a good selection too, have you ever been there? We even get vegan black pudding and haggis online! Beautiful x

4 minutes ago, MrPB said:

What I don’t understand is if you’re vegan why would you want to still eat black pudding or at least have something that tastes exactly like congealed animal blood? It’s the same with those new Percy Pigs. They now taste horrible for everyone just because a handful of vegans want to eat an effigy of a pig. Surely vegans should just stick to vegan food and not food that looks or tastes like animals, and other things that they don’t eat, and then everyone else should be able to eat what they want untainted by veganism? 

There’s a carnivore movement that wants veggie burgers and the like banned, at least their names. They’re suggesting ‘burger’ is a protected title for a product that has to contain a certain proportion of meat, and that a veggie burger should be retitled as a ‘vegetable disc’. Similar with sausages that will have to be renamed ‘vegetable cylinders’. I tend to agree. 

17 minutes ago, MrPB said:

What I don’t understand is if you’re vegan why would you want to still eat black pudding or at least have something that tastes exactly like congealed animal blood? It’s the same with those new Percy Pigs. They now taste horrible for everyone just because a handful of vegans want to eat an effigy of a pig. Surely vegans should just stick to vegan food and not food that looks or tastes like animals, and other things that they don’t eat, and then everyone else should be able to eat what they want untainted by veganism? 

I used to eat meat, but now i enjoy not dogs, facon, and roast leaf!

Its better for the animals x

Archived