Douglas Promenade during the TT

Rushen Spy

18 minutes ago, Cypman said:

I wonder where the Fairground accommodation caravans are going this year ? !!!

That fairground. I wonder if our chief Minister 'Green' Howard would care.

This ride reminds me of something out of Family Guy (or was it The Simpsons?)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cypman said:

I wonder where the Fairground accommodation caravans are going this year ?

I can't think of a better location than Shaw's Brow. Just behind the Courthouse for easy access to all the under age jailbait that they seem so keen on. Or maybe the one above Finch Rd. Next to the Tynwald freakshow. They'll be even happier there.

14 hours ago, Cypman said:

They have constructed a very high quality car park (for only circa 34 cars) in the small remaining space on the Summerland site.  It has a new concrete entrance, electronic warning lights for the tram crossing and has been newly laid with tarmac and marked out  However, the entrance remains gated, but I expect it will open this week in time for TT.

I wonder where the Fairground accommodation caravans are going this year ? !!!

My vote would go for them to stay in Manchester.

When there was no funfair at TT 2009 wasn't there a huge outcry from the 'Manx public' with mass wailing and much criticism of the Government?

Personally I can't stand it, but would expect a similar increase in pitchfork sales should it ever be stopped.

Get rid of the fair and bring back the lap dancers and strippers. Neither is my particular bag but it's what is good for the TT.

(It was a while ago, in the Bike Shed, well they did ask and I counted 17 piercings, never found out where the other two were)

On 5/20/2019 at 2:42 PM, Twitch said:

When there was no funfair at TT 2009 wasn't there a huge outcry from the 'Manx public' with mass wailing and much criticism of the Government?

Personally I can't stand it, but would expect a similar increase in pitchfork sales should it ever be stopped.

"Manx public" meaning a few chavs from the UK whinging on Facebook.

1 minute ago, Derek Flint said:

Can anyone cast any detail on the latest rumour;

the rails we bought aren’t compatible with the wheels on the trams. So we now need to buy new wheels....

And when we buy new wheels they won’t be compatible with the bogeys and so on

9 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Can anyone cast any detail on the latest rumour;

the rails we bought aren’t compatible with the wheels on the trams. So we now need to buy new wheels....

Strange you say that. An articulated trailer was being driven down Peel Road yesterday with 3 pairs of "rail type" wheels as its cargo

Wonder if the "Cabbage" would have the right wheels? Then again, would it be capable of crawling the length of the prom before croaking? :lol:

Archived