TT 2019 - Megathread

slinkydevil

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I thought the Isle of Man had a fairly conservative population. Why are people getting butthurt and acting like snowflakes over some lame joke?

I'm not sure but I think Twitter includes people from outside of the Isle of Man?

2 minutes ago, MrPB said:

It was a pretty stupid thing to do. It was incredibly racist, quite way she didn’t think people would kick off is confusing. 

Racist?. The child’s mother is dark skinned and it’s dad is ginger !

1 hour ago, Rhumsaa said:

I'm not sure but I think Twitter includes people from outside of the Isle of Man?

But why would they be interested in a joke shared by a radio presenter from some backwater island in the middle of nowhere?

I live here and hadn't even heard of her.

1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

But why would they be interested in a joke shared by a radio presenter from some backwater island in the middle of nowhere?

I live here and hadn't even heard of her.

She presented the TT chat show for a couple of years which is listened to around the world by TT fans, it just goes to show that there is a following for the island due to the TT and its ancillaries. She has also been a bit of a self promoter generally.

Is there any reason to believe the type of demographic that are interested in the TT would be SJWs "offended" by some lame joke?

I think it's stupid to get rid of a radio presenter just because of a joke that nobody on the island (except mentally deranged people) and nobody interested in the TT would be the slightest bit bothered by.

1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

Is there any reason to believe the type of demographic that are interested in the TT would be SJWs "offended" by some lame joke?

I think it's stupid to get rid of a radio presenter just because of a joke that nobody on the island (except mentally deranged people) and nobody interested in the TT would be the slightest bit bothered by.

She isn’t a radio presenter any more. She left or was pushed a while back. 

She is however a self promoter of epic proportions.

Danny Baker was a radio presenter and lost his job for tweeting something similar. 

(For clarity)

Archived