TT 2019 - Megathread

slinkydevil

18 minutes ago, GD4XXX said:

Thanks for posting that picture. One thing we do agree on now I've had the opportunity to actually see it for myself is that it's not the least bit funny.  But I still don't see how it could be considered racist.

Humour is so subjective any personal opinions on what constitutes "funny" are completely worthless.

As to the picture being racist there is no prejudice or discrimination involved that I can see.

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, GD4XXX said:

Thanks for posting that picture. One thing we do agree on now I've had the opportunity to actually see it for myself is that it's not the least bit funny.  But I still don't see how it could be considered racist.

it is a visual racist joke, most people who aren't out to find something to be offended about would get that.  it may not be the best choice subject matter in this pathetic day and age but it's still just a joke.    

8 hours ago, hissingsid said:

She is the irritating woman who prances around the grandstand supposedly commentating on the TT when she knows less than feck all about them .

That's about all of them at Manx Radio up there. Certainly since Geoff Cannell died.

9 hours ago, hissingsid said:

She is the irritating woman who prances around the grandstand supposedly commentating on the TT when she knows less than feck all about them .

She is a local lass, knows plenty and asks leading questions to let the bikers feel at ease, she adds a much needed vibrancy.

#BringBackPack

25 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

She is a local lass, knows plenty and asks leading questions to let the bikers feel at ease, she adds a much needed vibrancy.

Well you know,  Kinners and the other guy asks if the bikes go fast, and egg on 'the boys' to use foul language or talk about wanking and that.

11 hours ago, dilligaf said:

So it is all bollocks then

How the fuck is that picture racist?

If it is found to be so, the world as we used to know it is fucked, plain and simple.

What the snowflakes will turn this world into is scary as fuck. 

Did I fall asleep and wake 50 years on. Fuck me this is a sad place.

PS, how the hell did we get here from the TT 2019 theme.

The image is mocking a child for his/her physical appearance; or potential appearance based on the genetic mix of his/her parents.

This includes the fact that the child may have darker skin due to his/her mother's ethnicity.

Mocking someone for their skin colour is racist; it doesn't matter if it's 'just a bit of fun' or 'no harm meant.' Just look at how upset some white folk get when they're called a Gammon; often for expressing outrage that they get called out for being racist.

I strongly suspect you fell asleep and and woke up fifty years ago or at least your attitude to race did. 

Just been having a look on Faceache, the TT pages are full of people stressed out trying to book their TT for 2020! Some have been hours online, can't get through on the phone etc. This is all to get the sailings you want to fit in with work etc. I think we still have some way to go before we can offer easy access to our island? Having said that, there are probably a lot of people online today as they have just released next years sailings?

12 minutes ago, MrPB said:
9 hours ago, The Lurker said:

I strongly suspect you fell asleep and and woke up fifty years ago or at least your attitude to race did. 

I doubt that - it’s all done just to create pointless fights with people from what I can see and nothing else. He’ll totally contradict himself at some stage in the next 24 hours trying to start a pointless fight with another poster over something else. 

Pot calling kettle.

The image you posted was not the one Jo Pack posted, so you are no better than her if those images are racist. Think about that.

Archived