TT 2019 - Megathread

slinkydevil

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, MrPB said:

It has to be, I understand his side kick who is actually responsible for the TT is off in the run up to the TT. The date it starts upon seems to be a matter of confusion across the board. 

Rob Callister and Martyn Perkins have gone on a CPA jolly to Guernsey. Apparently one of the topics to be discussed is Fake News. Quite appropriate really considering the shite that our Politicos talk on the whole. 

Still TT starts next Saturday night (25th May 2019) subject to enough Marshall’s being available.

8 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Love the phrase ‘fake news’ when in relation to government. It basically means how do we stop news getting out that we would rather have kept under the carpet.

And basically utter falsehoods emitted by government before the bad news does indeed out. How many times do we see it, not least of all on these boards?

Think of what the Govt press releases put out. Then shortly afterwards invariably followed by the actualité on huge overspends, total cock ups on contractual arrangements, management failings and resignations and general complete f@ck ups. Every time. It's like they never learn that the truth will out.

Worst of all, we actually vote these people in and allow them to employ their entourage of professional liars.

On the eve of the TT, word gets to me that Manx Radio TT commentary legend and all round TT impresario Jo Pack has landed in a bit of hot water. I believe she has done a “Danny Baker”. 

I don’t want my TT to be distracted by this dreadful sideshow. 

11 hours ago, 2112 said:

Rob Callister and Martyn Perkins have gone on a CPA jolly to Guernsey. Apparently one of the topics to be discussed is Fake News. Quite appropriate really considering the shite that our Politicos talk on the whole. 

Still TT starts next Saturday night (25th May 2019) subject to enough Marshall’s being available.

Rob is already the grand mufti of fake news.

21 minutes ago, Gizo said:

On the eve of the TT, word gets to me that Manx Radio TT commentary legend and all round TT impresario Jo Pack has landed in a bit of hot water. I believe she has done a “Danny Baker”. 

I don’t want my TT to be distracted by this dreadful sideshow. 

Indeed - she posted a Twitter pic of the Queen with a dark skinned child with red hair and a crown and some laughing emoji's and got called out for it - including by Neil Hodgson (whom by nature of his job has many followers and therefore visible to thousands) she tried to defend herself and essentially looked like a bigoted self obsessed arsehole - which is pretty accurate.

27 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Indeed - she posted a Twitter pic of the Queen with a dark skinned child with red hair and a crown and some laughing emoji's and got called out for it - including by Neil Hodgson (whom by nature of his job has many followers and therefore visible to thousands) she tried to defend herself and essentially looked like a bigoted self obsessed arsehole - which is pretty accurate.

Is she even on twitter now, it looks like her account is closed down, shame really i liked hearing about her, she comes across very well especially at TT.

Archived