People of Colour

Tishca

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
On 5/31/2019 at 3:11 PM, Rushen Spy said:

Being multiracial and a member of a multiracial family, I would say the island is fairly backward in accepting people of diverse backgrounds. This is largely because most of the island's population is British, not even born here.

You'll actually find most indigenous Manx people, who are now a minority, are very welcoming of people of all backgrounds.

Certainly not true, most "Manx" people consider then "arrogant English"

Now "people of colour Isle of Man believe that a march by BLM of hundreds of people (mostly white)carried out in a Coronavirus lock-down is "not comparable" with about 20 exercising and swimming on a beach. The mind boggles, one rule for some, another rule for others.

On 3/31/2021 at 9:18 AM, Scipio said:

Now "people of colour Isle of Man believe that a march by BLM of hundreds of people (mostly white)carried out in a Coronavirus lock-down is "not comparable" with about 20 exercising and swimming on a beach. The mind boggles, one rule for some, another rule for others.

It isn't comparable.

There is a very clear difference. The BLM march was notified to the authorities beforehand and was a public march. Whether it should've gone ahead or not is another question. I don't think it should have.

The swimmers were a private gathering, without permission and clearly and unambiguously against the lockdown rules. I hope the guy that organised it gets locked up as others have been. 

17 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

There is a very clear difference. The BLM march was notified to the authorities beforehand and was a public march. Whether it should've gone ahead or not is another question. I don't think it should have.

The swimmers were a private gathering, without permission and clearly and unambiguously against the lockdown rules. I hope the guy that organised it gets locked up as others have been. 

What they said ^

Mostly.

We had effectively 0 cases when the BLM march took place, and whilst I personally found it not great timing (a week later would've been good!) I do see the need for it to take place while the momentum was there worldwide.

As for the swimmers, they were deliberately breaking the rules after being asked not to. I actually disagree with the police arresting the bloke, it should've been broken up as soon as the police arrived and everyone moved on instead, but here we are.

Archived