Dr fined for ordering Canabis, Magistrate wishes him well ?!

Last Ten

This is the state of our Isle of Man Judiciary system today, this idiot of a Magistrate actually wishes the guy well, ffs!

Would the Magistrate do this for you or Jo Public? I think not, so time for Mr Faragher to step down as a Magistrate as this is absolute biased.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=48778&headline=Doctor punished for ordering cannabis through post%3B magistrate wishes him well&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2019

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, Last Ten said:

This is the state of our Isle of Man Judiciary system today, this idiot of a Magistrate actually wishes the guy well, ffs!

Would the Magistrate do this for you or Jo Public? I think not, so time for Mr Faragher to step down as a Magistrate as this is absolute biased.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=48778&headline=Doctor punished for ordering cannabis through post%3B magistrate wishes him well&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2019

Maybe you ought to read the article, and not just the headline ( which isn’t supported by the report of what was actually said ).

You've no idea what was in the references/testimonials, or the probation sentencing report. The defendant is a promising doctor, early in his career, he’s got a good medical reputation, we need good doctors in the NHS. He’s done something stupid. But I can’t see anything wrong with the bench, through it’s chairman, saying they hope his career won’t be affected.

In my 40 year experience those type of sentiments are often expressed by the judiciary when giving someone a second chance. It doesn’t matter what job, social background, whatever.

Perhaps you should direct your ire at IoM Newspaper’s, false and misleading headline and woeful lack of sub editing.

15 hours ago, John Wright said:

Maybe you ought to read the article, and not just the headline ( which isn’t supported by the report of what was actually said ).

You've no idea what was in the references/testimonials, or the probation sentencing report. The defendant is a promising doctor, early in his career, he’s got a good medical reputation, we need good doctors in the NHS. He’s done something stupid. But I can’t see anything wrong with the bench, through it’s chairman, saying they hope his career won’t be affected.

In my 40 year experience those type of sentiments are often expressed by the judiciary when giving someone a second chance. It doesn’t matter what job, social background, whatever.

Perhaps you should direct your ire at IoM Newspaper’s, false and misleading headline and woeful lack of sub editing.

What was wrong with that ?

He committed a crime, was caught out, brought to court then "punished". That is all. 

He should have known better in his position, regardless of where he was from.

Yes, we need good doctors, but they are expected to live to the same laws as us peasants.

Edit to add that I am told he is very good at his job and is highly regarded by the staff.

another edit to say maybe “offence” would be a better word to use, instead of “crime” :)

4 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

Doctors are often punished twice. Once by the courts - and then often suspended or even struck off depending on the offence.

Most likely outcome in my view: as no patients were involved, "just" a warning from the General Medical Council, which will be incredibly stressful and not be concluded for several months:

https://www.bmj.com/content/350/bmj.h2481

6 hours ago, BallaDoc said:

Most likely outcome in my view: as no patients were involved, "just" a warning from the General Medical Council, which will be incredibly stressful and not be concluded for several months:

https://www.bmj.com/content/350/bmj.h2481

But at least his Defence Organisation ( Mutual Insurer ) will represent him.

14 hours ago, dilligaf said:

What was wrong with that ?

He committed a crime, was caught out, brought to court then "punished". That is all. 

He should have known better in his position, regardless of where he was from.

Yes, we need good doctors, but they are expected to live to the same laws as us peasants.

Edit to add that I am told he is very good at his job and is highly regarded by the staff.

another edit to say maybe “offence” would be a better word to use, instead of “crime” :)

Think you’ve missed the point. Saying that you “hope the defendants career isn’t affected”  isn’t the same as “wishing him well”

The headline is totally misleading.

42 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Think you’ve missed the point. Saying that you “hope the defendants career isn’t affected”  isn’t the same as “wishing him well”

Shock horror, IOM Newspapers with misleading headline. In other news, their proof reader is rubbish

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

I can’t remember saying that.

have you quoted me in error ?

14 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

I have more confidence in a doctor who recognises the medicinal benefits of cannabis than in one who does not.

Is that the reason he ordered it then?

I doubt you know him !!!

Archived