Bishopscourt up for sale..

Manx Bean

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

No, because I don’t breach the confidence of those that I speak with.

My findings are that there is a general frustration with the administration, which goes with a reluctance to listen to good counsel. Transport links, lack of entrepreneurial understanding also an issue. 

It’s a beautiful safe and secure place to live. Beyond that it’s competitive edge is being eroded

How is any of that the fault of the present administration? It is the fault of previous administrations who kicked the can down the road for a couple of decades. I see the present administration being very progressive and reformist and taking steps to try to pick up momentum.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

Still no plan for the economy tho'

It's not the responsibility of Government to "plan" the economy. Any genuinely self-made wealthy business people will appreciate that less government involvement in the economy is the best thing for business. Unfortunately, there are too many wealthy people who are not self-made but get rich through state subsidisation of specific private industries, under the bizarre reasoning that it will then trickle down to the people at the bottom, which it seldom ever does.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Because if you had you would have noticed that there are not '175 houses on the market here for over 900k'.

the tab is set to 900k minimum and it shows 25 of 175 which are above that,  what are we missing ?

1 hour ago, MrPB said:

175 houses on the market here for over £900k according to Zoopla. 

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/property/isle-of-man-county/?price_min=900000&q=Isle of Man&radius=0&results_sort=newest_listings&search_source=refine

You can guess that pretty much nobody is looking to move up the chain!  

That's everyone property with every agent so quite a few are shown multiple times on there.

But there have been a large number of properties over 900k on the market for over 10 years now. It's not a new phenomenon. 

Property market still very brisk and well supported sub 450k.

8 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Zoopla trawls estate agent sites. There might be 175 listings, there are not 175 houses. Lots of them are repeats. Its really fucking simple.

thats just how the government count job vacancies so it must be ok.

3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

The front page of this week's Examiner would appear to supply some information.

Which is interesting because if you venture past the sensationalism of the headline the story has very little substance.  By their own admission they have no evidence of an exodus.

They has to load of their story by listing the houses for sale of two dead people.

They also seem to confirm that neither Morphett nor that other chap with the 30m house are leaving the island.

4 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

No, because I don’t breach the confidence of those that I speak with.

My findings are that there is a general frustration with the administration, which goes with a reluctance to listen to good counsel. Transport links, lack of entrepreneurial understanding also an issue. 

It’s a beautiful safe and secure place to live. Beyond that it’s competitive edge is being eroded

Ain't that the truth. Frustrating, but the idiots in charge don't realise it's the entrepreneurs that keep the island's economy going which in turn keeps them in a job.

Having just got back from the middle east on business, where they positively encourage entrepreneurship, it's depressing to come back to the rock and the brain numbing government culture which is dragging it down.

40 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Ain't that the truth. Frustrating, but the idiots in charge don't realise it's the entrepreneurs that keep the island's economy going which in turn keeps them in a job.

Having just got back from the middle east on business, where they positively encourage entrepreneurship, it's depressing to come back to the rock and the brain numbing government culture which is dragging it down.

Yes, because the Middle East has such progressive governments with cultures that don't drag society down and keep most of their populations stuck in the Bronze Age. Once the oil stops being exported, what are they going to do fund all the infrastructure they've built? They're far worse than the Isle of Man when it comes to "big government"; Saudi Arabia has an unemployment rate of about 13% and most of the rest are either imported cheap labour from East Asia or directly employed by the state. Sure, some of the Gulf states promote entrepreneurship but they're in a central trade hub of the world.

Archived