Bishopscourt up for sale..

Manx Bean

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I agree with you there and a lot of simmering anger that the IOM has the blinkers on and can’t see what it’s doing to it’s own internal economy by taking the approach its taking. Still you can’t explain real life stuff to people on guaranteed salaries and pensions who have no relevant real life experience of how to actually make money. 

They think they're guaranteed. Without private sector revenue from HNWIs such as this, there is only a finite amount of tax revenue available to sustain them.

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

There is definitely a bit of an exodus. Even the lower end of the HNW community is fed up. 

I tried telling Chris Thomas on here how government policy was driving people away.

Best he could come up with was we're doing "lot's" and everything was rosy!

10 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

If you aren’t already in the mix, the debates with him on Twitter are enlightening 

Especially the one where he calls someones concerns "Bollocks" you are right we are descending to the level of the UK !

Just now, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

How do you mean? Have you got some examples, names,numbers etc?

No, because I don’t breach the confidence of those that I speak with.

My findings are that there is a general frustration with the administration, which goes with a reluctance to listen to good counsel. Transport links, lack of entrepreneurial understanding also an issue. 

It’s a beautiful safe and secure place to live. Beyond that it’s competitive edge is being eroded

12 minutes ago, The Dog's Dangly Bits said:

How do you mean? Have you got some examples, names,numbers etc?

The front page of this week's Examiner would appear to supply some information.

12 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

They think they're guaranteed. Without private sector revenue from HNWIs such as this, there is only a finite amount of tax revenue available to sustain them.

yea,  tics need blood.

21 minutes ago, MrPB said:

175 houses on the market here for over £900k according to Zoopla. 

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/property/isle-of-man-county/?price_min=900000&q=Isle of Man&radius=0&results_sort=newest_listings&search_source=refine

You can guess that pretty much nobody is looking to move up the chain!  

I'm going to assume you didn't actually look at your link.

2 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

No, because I don’t breach the confidence of those that I speak with.

My findings are that there is a general frustration with the administration, which goes with a reluctance to listen to good counsel. Transport links, lack of entrepreneurial understanding also an issue. 

It’s a beautiful safe and secure place to live. Beyond that it’s competitive edge is being eroded

#Brexit just isn't going to help

Archived