E-Gaming Canute Required

Derek Flint

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

In so far as that means anything I would translate it as "Required: champion bullshitter to try to convince e-gaming and other industries on the Island that the DfE knows what it is doing and is doing something to help them.  You will have no power to actually change anything, so we are paying you a lot of money to act as a buffer between the DfE hierarchy and the real world.

There's not much you can do in a year and I wonder if this is designed as a nice little earner for a mate at a loose end.

More likely written with somebody in mind who they will then shoe in until they reach a golden pensionable age - at our expense

21 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

About the Role

We are seeking a highly driven, self-motivated and exceptionally organised individual to join our expanding team. As a representative of Digital Isle of Man, you will be a highly effective communicator, who is able to naturally form strong, long-standing relationships.

Expanding team, I thought we were supposed to be getting a leaner more efficient government!

As someone that was in at the start of the e gaming "revolution" and has the worthless shares to prove it that could tempt me.However the job advert says nothing of the sort.Perhaps if certain Police Officers worked until they were 67 and paid the 40% of earnings that would pay for an early pension I might agree.The essential fact is that this Island is paying the massive outgoings for people that were unemployable elsewhere in the dim and distant.

2 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

In so far as that means anything I would translate it as "Required: champion bullshitter to try to convince e-gaming and other industries on the Island that the DfE knows what it is doing and is doing something to help them.  You will have no power to actually change anything, so we are paying you a lot of money to act as a buffer between the DfE hierarchy and the real world.

There's not much you can do in a year and I wonder if this is designed as a nice little earner for a mate at a loose end.

Word in pub. This job is filled. 

2 hours ago, the stinking enigma said:

About the Role

We are seeking a highly driven, self-motivated and exceptionally organised individual to join our expanding team. As a representative of Digital Isle of Man, you will be a highly effective communicator, who is able to naturally form strong, long-standing relationships.

That guy who worked for Isle of Man post office brought in just shy of £4000 revenue which is not bad. Got to be worth a go?

2 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

That guy who worked for Isle of Man post office brought in just shy of £4000 revenue which is not bad. Got to be worth a go?

That's got to be our man.

In five years he'll have not brought in £5m. 10 years...not brought in £10m

A 100% increase!

11 hours ago, SJR said:

As someone that was in at the start of the e gaming "revolution" and has the worthless shares to prove it that could tempt me.However the job advert says nothing of the sort.Perhaps if certain Police Officers worked until they were 67 and paid the 40% of earnings that would pay for an early pension I might agree.The essential fact is that this Island is paying the massive outgoings for people that were unemployable elsewhere in the dim and distant.

Just certain ones, or all of them?

Archived